How do you clean your wheels?

jmanpc
5,000+ posts

CA.com Nostalgist.
I know they've got all them fancy products now... stuff that claims to just dissolve the brake dust off your wheels, foam balls you attach to your drill... and other ****...

I've tried various products and always come back to a rag and a bottle of degreaser. I've found that while it may take a bit more work, it's the only thing that really gets the job done, and gets it done correctly. All the chemicals and stuff just dissolve a little off, and the balls cant get into small areas.

HotRims_310x310.jpg

I know they've got all them fancy products now... stuff that claims to just dissolve the brake dust off your wheels, foam balls you attach to your drill... and other ****...
I've tried various products and always come back to a rag and a bottle of degreaser. I've found that while it may take a bit more work, it's the only thing that really gets the job done, and gets it done correctly. All the chemicals and stuff just dissolve a little off, and the balls cant get into small areas.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

Found its always the best lol.

It's a pain in the ass, but you just gotta stick with what works.

Cpierce... how does that meguiars stuff work? Does it just loosen up the dust a bit or does it take it off the wheel?

i wash the rims with regular car soap as long as you maintain them you shouldn't have to fight with them

i then use mothers' crome polish (thats the *****) but the end result is amazing

i wash the rims with regular car soap as long as you maintain them you shouldn't have to fight with them
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

i wash my truck usually once maybe twice a week so my wheels dont get too bad

I wash mine off with soap and water and a wash mitt. Then a polish the lip with Noxon Metal polish. Just rub it on and rub it off. Between washes I wipe them down with a rag and maybe some Quik Detailer.

I have black rims w/ polished alum. lip. I use mothers aluminum polish for the lip, and usually just soap and water for the black section, or windex. And now only use Black Magic Wet Tire for my tires, cause armorall got on the lip of my rim and was a ***** to get off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.