How much power can the JBL MS 62C's take?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lugo03z
10+ year member

Hi all. Waiting on all my parts to arrive to do my install, I purchased the JBL MS 62C's because of the rave reviews they were getting. My amp is the Polk PA1100.5 five channel. I'm only running the components in the doors, no rear fill, and two 10" type r's. If I bridge the amp it puts out 250 x 2. Is that too much for the JBL's even if I keep the gains down? If I don't bridge it it's only putting out 80 x 4 and I don't want to under power them. These will be going in a 350z if that matters. Thanks.

Yes, enjoy the extra headroom. Keep in mind you may need extra Sound deadening for the extra power also due to rattles you will get with the extra power on the doors.

If you install them correctly, they will work fine with either 80 Watts or 250 watts, if you don't abuse them. If you abuse them you will risk damage and shorter life for both the drivers and amp.

Yes, enjoy the extra headroom. Keep in mind you may need extra Sound deadening for the extra power also due to rattles you will get with the extra power on the doors.
If you install them correctly, they will work fine with either 80 Watts or 250 watts, if you don't abuse them. If you abuse them you will risk damage and shorter life for both the drivers and amp.
^^ Do it, its worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.