how much power can this handle...being safe..

I used to own the exact same sub.. i thought my RF 1501bd was almost a perfect match. If you set your gain and everything right, i dont see why you could hook one up to a 2500w amp.

big amp, beautiful results without pushing the amp too hard. rather than worry about how much power the coil will handle, get the big amp and have a professional set the gains based on the material you listen to. This way you will neither mechanically hurt the sub nor thermally kill it. At that point, based on your enclosure's limits with that sub coupled to it in that particular vehicle.....it would not matter what power you were actually getting to the sub, just that it's doing the best it can without electroacousticalmasochism. that's German for: subwoofer suicidal tendencies/practices.

big amp, beautiful results without pushing the amp too hard. rather than worry about how much power the coil will handle, get the big amp and have a professional set the gains based on the material you listen to. This way you will neither mechanically hurt the sub nor thermally kill it. At that point, based on your enclosure's limits with that sub coupled to it in that particular vehicle.....it would not matter what power you were actually getting to the sub, just that it's doing the best it can without electroacousticalmasochism. that's German for: subwoofer suicidal tendencies/practices.
Hahahahahahahahaha.........

Since when have you seen a shop with an o-scope?

notice, i didn't make the mistake of saying "SHOP"......so true is it not?
Many people on here aren't going to go to a shop or find a "professional" to tune their amp. They want to do it themselves. And it's not hard to get where you want by just doing it by ear.

OP, I've never seen one played, but I've seen one in person and just compared stiffness and thought about some things and 2000w rms seems a little overkill for these woofers. They might be able to handle it, but I don't think it would be necessary.

depends totally on the enclosure. he could use a design that reaches significant thermal compression at just 900w.
I'm all likeliness we are probably talking about a sealed or ported enclosure, both which will allow the woofer to handle that power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.