How should I tune my amp? Level/LPF

DaBurner
10+ year member

I have this sony amp(Click Picture for HUGE VIEW)

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_5027.html#

pushing this L5

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6505.html

anyway i have the Low Boost all the way up but i dont know what i should have the other settings on, I listen to HipHop/Rap if that makes a difference,

it seems like my sub isnt getting the entire signal because its only responding to real deep bass and not kicking at all

if anyone could tell me how they'd tune this please post

it seems like my sub isnt getting the entire signal because its only responding to real deep bass and not kicking at all
What's your enclosure like? That's probably your culprit. Also, patfiz9 is right you really need to read the gain setting sticky.

What are the specs on your box? Is it a prefabbed enclosure or one you designed/made? Also, now that I think about it, I believe your low boost will boost the stuff around 60 Hz. This isn't really considered low, but maxing this out will give you a very non-linear sound. Try turning your boost off (including the one on your h/u), setting your gains correctly, setting your hp around 65-80Hz and setting your subsonic around 25-30Hz. Try that and see how it sounds...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.