How should i upgrade my electrical?

Dirtrider4eva
10+ year member

√\_The CaUsE__
so, coming this wednesday, i will be picking up an Audioque 2200d. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

my question now is, what to do to upgrade my electrical.

i have 0 ga Knu from the battery to the trunk already, and then a separate 6 ga kit for my 7804 amp for my mids and highs. my question is what sort of upgrades do i need for the addition power?

i'll be using roughly 300 rms from my 4 channel to the speakers. and from the AQ about 1200 currently, since i only have the 1 sub.

Do you think i'll need another battery?

big three?

h/o Alternator?

my cars a 2000 toyota celica gt, and i have no clue how big the alternator is.

Personally I think just Big 3. Do it see how it performs see if you have dimming then consider other options.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

oh, and I think those are 80amp alts

your stock alt. should be 80 amps. so big three in 0 gauge wire, i would go ahead and do the HO alternator as YOU WILL need it when running the aq2200 full blast, and i would also add a extra battery too.

as said stock is 80, get a bigger one.. i'm running a 250 in my 02 celica and I had no problem with an xx colossues at 2 ohm on a yellowtop and 2 bt-20s, 2 runs of 1/0.

I'd start with the big 3, without a doubt, and see where that leaves you. Monitor your voltage and decide from there. You could probably be all right with that just for now, though a solid battery under the hood would leave you in much better shape. And once that amp is running full tilt, you're gonna need a HO alt, and likely a bat in the trunk.

yeah for now, its only putting out 1200 rms at the highest to the sub, since thats all itll take. BIG 3 easy, ish. getting the 0 gauge by thursday. now what about that H/O alt? what size honestly? IF i do upgrade to full blast the amp? i should go 250 amP?

For the moment you're fine with big 3, maybe look at putting a fresh bat under the hood, like I said, just monitor that voltage.

I don't know much about the alts but from the look of things, you're definitely gonna need the HO one. Like JL Audio said up there, he's got the same car and says the 250 amp is perfect. I'd say that'd be your best bet too, gives yourself the optimal power.

And I'd imagine at this point that you've gotten your big 3 in, right? How's it lookin so far? Notice any improvements?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.