how to Build nice loud but clean system?

Hertz HSK-165XL

active just means you have dedicated amplifier channels for woofers and tweeters and you don't use passive crossovers that split the signal for you. it requires processing/active crossovers that are less common. don't worry about that, a good component set will sound great as-is.

Hertz HSK-165XL
active just means you have dedicated amplifier channels for woofers and tweeters and you don't use passive crossovers that split the signal for you. it requires processing/active crossovers that are less common. don't worry about that, a good component set will sound great as-is.
So these would go in my doors what about for my pillars and dash? Whats good for those or should i just run 2 sets of these?

one set of these, the tweeters will go up in the pillars or dash. If you want to move to the HSK-163 3-way and can mount the midrange up high.
So one set of either of these is going to be louder and nicer than what i have now? Im not sure anymore about my subwoofer ive been looking into 2 tantric MD 10's or SA10's not sure which route to go anymore? Just one FI Q12 or 2 10s? Which are louder considering they will all get the same amp and box. Q2200 and 2.5 cubic ft tuned to 32-34

Cool so ima look into those 3 headunits to see whoch best fits my needs, money isnt really an issue ima build little by little but i just dont want to spend 4k and its all money thrown away. Also for the speakers and amps what speakers do you guys recommend i am going to power them with am amp and i was thinking the ppi ive seen and heard alot of good about the black ice series amps.
If you buy good quality equipment and don't abuse it, it's not money thrown away since good and well kept equipment will hold a solid resale value. If you buy junk that fails quickly or break things THEN it's money thrown away.

So one set of either of these is going to be louder and nicer than what i have now?
These speakers will have better overall sound, and the midrange driver will not reach it's limits as quickly as the speakers you have now. As I mentioned, these are a nice set of speakers. Both the midrange driver & tweeter are high quality pieces, & will sound a lot better than what you currently have.

For hispanic music, learn how to do a clean bass boost with audacity lol... easier said then done but it takes time, dont do the stupid way that most idiots teach on youtube, always take clipping into account(there's a show clipping indicator in the program).
To be honest though, you'd be surprised what a head unit can do to your overall sound quality. I would get an 80 prs over An EQ or bass processor anyday. Comparing the 80 prs to your old head unit, Your type S speakers will sound like focals after the auto EQ/time alignment does its job(given that you did proper door treatments). Yes it will sound amazing compared to your current head unit right now. There's an absolute definitive difference in how each head unit sounds, most people dont realize how much a good audio source can impact their overall sound quality.

Sound processors are nice but are very expensive, if your going that route, the best bang for the buck would be JBL ms8.

Last thing i might want to point out is, hispanic music generally does not reach down to 30-40 hz area often, you might need a subwoofer enclosure that has more response in the midbass region to make the bass a lot more present.
*I would like to know how to achieve that a subwoofer enclosure have more response in the midbass region to make the bass a lot more present.

*I would like to know how to achieve that a subwoofer enclosure have more response in the midbass region to make the bass a lot more present.
higher tuning. Normally everyone on here says 30-32 hz tuning and whatnot but to me, thats decaf oriented tuning. Most rock/metal/pop/dubstep/EDM/ethnic/oldies doesn't even get down that low. Sure it'll be peakier but can be evened out quite a bit with enclosure size and design. I find 38-42 hz tuning a lot better for every day music other then hip hop/decaf, you hear the bass a lot more without having to turn the volume up too.

thats why SQ is soo subjective, a lot of people on here think reaching low notes is SQ but unless your door's midbass is up to par, your big subs will always drown it out with those 35-50 hz basslines. I dont care what people say, the midbass comming from pair of 6.5 components cannot hope to keep up with a 2k rms system even if the door is perfectly treated and deadened.

thats why SQ is soo subjective, a lot of people on here think reaching low notes is SQ but unless your door's midbass is up to par, your big subs will always drown it out with those 35-50 hz basslines. I dont care what people say, the midbass comming from pair of 6.5 components cannot hope to keep up with a 2k rms system even if the door is perfectly treated and deadened.
the front stage can blend properly if the sub level is set to match the rest of the system - which is what you would do for an SQ setup. people fail at SQ when trying to get the rest of the system to match the maximum output from a sub stage. if you want it to sound as good as it can, you only drive the system to the level of the weakest link in the system.

SQ isn't that subjective - you can safely assign it to a 75-80+ point car when judged multiple people. simply follow the judging criteria and listen to the test discs - then listen for subtle detail in music. the main confusion I see is people say "SQ" but what they really mean is "sounds good". what "sounds good" is certainly subjective and much easier to achieve. our industry suffers from the use of terms that are not well understood and/or are misused. if someone says they want a SQ system, I think they should be implying they want a system capable of competition because that is where the term is mostly used - competition criteria/class.

above 130dB there is no such thing as SQ. the bones in our ear vibrate and separate which reduces sensitivity and ability to discern detail. above that level it's just noise. not saying it's not enjoyable noise... but our ears aren't designed to work in that environment. SQ implies you can discern subtle details in music - like fingers on strings by a musician during a performance that is properly located in the soundstage. SQ is not just getting flat response (or equal-loudness contour response), it's getting an impulse response that is free from multiple arrival times and minimizes phase interference. multiple woofers/speakers suffer comb filtering and phase interference unless you're building line arrays with enough processing to delay each driver. most systems are at an SQ level at low volumes, where everything is properly blended. then there is a volume threshold where SQ is lost and it's just loud music.

i agree that at high volume output, you throw SQ out the window and just focus on high output from some high sensitivity 8's or 10's in sealed pods. the problem with these drivers in an SQ setup is they can have peaky response and they start beaming sooner (and location is not likely to be ideal). luckily, location of drivers doesn't really matter at high output levels. if you listen to >130dB all the time then you aren't doing critical listening anyway. if you want a system that can do both, then you have tuning/processing for each configuration - such as a separate sub stage and fewer drivers for SQ.

best enclosure for midbass response is sealed, IMO. midbass is developed up to 300Hz or so as you replicate the harmonics from those instruments. a 3-way component set lets you run the woofers harder without sacrificing upper midrange detail and accuracy.

if you want "sounds good" at high volumes, then sure, toss a bunch of speakers in the door.

the front stage can blend properly if the sub level is set to match the rest of the system - which is what you would do for an SQ setup. people fail at SQ when trying to get the rest of the system to match the maximum output from a sub stage. if you want it to sound as good as it can, you only drive the system to the level of the weakest link in the system.
Very well said, as well as the rest of your comments.

So after reading all this now i am sure I'm going more for sol than sq. I'm not going for hit competitions and win anything but I'm going for people turning there heads walking down the street and a few disturbing the peace tickets:D Im planning on selling my Q12 and amp to raise money for 2 tantric HD 10's and a 3000W amp. i greatly appreciate all your help and input guys i believe you streeted me in the right direction and saved me a lot of headaches and from damaging good equipment:thumbupw:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.