How to tune ID Horns?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Simek4life
10+ year member

Can You Hear Me Now?
I have the ID Ultra horns and some Hertz 6.5" mids. I mounted the horns in my 4runner under the dash about horizontal. The mids are mounted in my doors. I also have the Audiocontrol DQXS processor. I am looking for any recommendations on tuning them to sounding half way decent. Does anyone have any links, or experience with tuning them? Such as which frequencies I should boost/cut. ie. 400hz +3, 16k -2 etc.

before using the TA to bring up height reverse polarity/phase of both horns together to see if it raises the stage.
So in this order

- put one side out of phase Horn and midbass driver

- listen and try reversing both horns polarity phase to lift sound stage

- balance left

- t/a left mid only until it lifts up as high as possible then mirror that setting to other side

- then balance center

- t/a left horn and mid together until it shifts center no more than .5 millisecond

- EQ left and right separately as the lower midrange / upper mid bass area 160 to 400 hz range can really lower our stage height.
what he said.

need more info do you have the horns mounted correcetly? parallel to the floor? as far back and to the outside as possible? are they full body or mini? for your xover freqs start the horns at about 1000hz and up. then the mids at 80 to 1000hz and the subs 80 down

Image Dynamics Forums all the horn info you can hake a stick at

I have the horns mounted parallel to the ground...give or take 5 degrees. As far back as I can with still getting to the gas and brake pedal. And as far out as possible given the hood and gas lever. They are the mini body ultras. I have the subs at 28-80, mids at 80-1500, horns at 1500-20000. I need tips on where to boost and cut certain frequencies....such as at 400 hz, 3000 hz, 16000hz.

see no one can actually tell you wat to cut or raise w/o hearing it but Eric is good really good to the point where he'll ask you some quesions and he can tell you wat to try. i live in ks and he helped me tune my car when i first got my horns installed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.