I am opening a Car Audio store in Austin, TX, need some input on brands

Ill go visit you...
Please do, I'll try and let everyone know where I am when I open up. I plan on doing a Db event of some sort, probably USACi as well as an SQ competition. I also hope to get involved in sponsoring Texas Heat Wave

BTW, people who THINK they can tint windows are a dime a dozen. People who can ACTUALLY tint windows and do a good job are alot harder to find. So be sure you have something for them to "tint" as part of their interview. I'd suggest picking up a door from a local junk yard with a window and all moldings still intact.

I luckily worked at a chain of stores called Mother's Window Tint and know a few good tinters that are looking for a place to go. I have had my vehicles tinted by them and have been more than please with the results. I am gonna have to be very picky with the tinters.

Looks like a **** good list to me; Going to be hard to get some of them. From what I hear Pioneer is pretty harsh on selecting dealers for their Premier line.

I just found out that Custom Sounds, a chain store in Austin, sell Premier. May not be possible for me to carry that line.

I think it's ridiculous that one manufacturer wont allow you to carry their stuff if you have carry another in particular, almost like they are afraid of the competition.

Image Dynamics

Hertz

Focal

Rainbow

Will CA members get a discount? j/k
No kickers in amplifier section?
Custom Sounds in Austin already carries Kicker, so I don't want to get involved in a pricing war with anyone local if I can avoid it. I want to offer unique products.

Oh, and CA.com customer will definitely get a discount. I am also going to look into the possiblity of being able to ship to customers out-of-state. Not on an internet base, but more of an extended customer base.

Custom Sounds in Austin already carries Kicker, so I don't want to get involved in a pricing war with anyone local if I can avoid it. I want to offer unique products.
Oh, and CA.com customer will definitely get a discount. I am also going to look into the possiblity of being able to ship to customers out-of-state. Not on an internet base, but more of an extended customer base.
that would be cool if you could get decent prices //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Y Austin again?
Austin because my wife is a nurse and wants to work at St. David's in Austin and plus we like 6th street and it's closer to alot of her family. I am origionally from San Antonio, so if for some reason the plans change I will be doing this there.

I think its a good list, but think it will be too many brands.......maybe need a total of 4 or 5 brands between the speakers/subs/amps

just my opinion tho....
IMO if he wants to do the research and be knowledgeable about all these brands....go for it!!

IMO if he wants to do the research and be knowledgeable about all these brands....go for it!!
Yea Im not saying that its a bad idea, but one iwll be hard for them to let you carry all those, and the fact you have to spend thousands(I think @ 20k of the companies merchandise) to be able to buy into the company....

And then may get lots of ppl there all day saying what would be best of this, and what makes this one better than this.....bc that is A LOT of equipment(very nice equipment I might add)

You will definitely want to carry alarms/remote starts as they are the bread and butter of many retailers. If you decide to hire an outside installer I was actually considering moving to austin in the fall. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I think its a good list, but think it will be too many brands.......maybe need a total of 4 or 5 brands between the speakers/subs/amps

just my opinion tho....
Yeah, this is a list tht's going to be trimmed and added to while I am finding out which brands are already in Austin as well as what different manufacturers require for me to be a dealer. It may be a complete different list in a month LOL

You will definitely want to carry alarms/remote starts as they are the bread and butter of many retailers. If you decide to hire an outside installer I was actually considering moving to austin in the fall. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I'll drop you a PM when I get up and running.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.