I just blew my fuse *pics*

if the engine was getting hot enough to melt it i would have seen it long before today, the fuse holder was so hot i had to let it cool off to take the wire out...i was playing a 30hz test tone with my rlp and re 35.1 with the gain all the way down, and the truck was only on a few mins

Jesus, something else had to be wrong.

Maybe a defect in the fuse or something? Cause i had a 150 ANL under the hood for like 2 years, most recently on a PAIR of eD nine.1's strapped at .5 ohm each, and that thing never came close to blowing. Hell, i could run a nine.1 on a 50 amp fuse all day long and never had it blow.

Something else definitely went wrong.

looks like your fuseblock was over the engine, it melted, and then grounded the fuse straight to eaither the engine block, or some bare metal (aka ground), and then popped. your lucky your car didnt catch on fire and explode.
i highly doubt your fuse did all that damage when it popped. ive blown many-a-fuses over the years, and ive seen many people with blown fuses, and its NEVER been that severe.

sorry dude. i just cant believe that your fuse "just blew" and caused all that damage.

I'm with you, had many different styles, brands, and types of fuses blow. Never had one that severe before though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

only 80a? i ripped through my 80 in like 15 min of playtime. i upgraded to a 140a circut breaker. no problems
This is a good thing ? Could be dangerous. What happens now if something shorts and your wire can't handle the current being fed through the much larger fuse before it pops ? I would much rather change out a popped fuse, than replace my car from an electrical fire. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.