I just did something super noooob help

I thought of the safest way to do this. Hook up one of the wires to the woofer. Go in the trunk and hook up one set to the cross over.

Turn music on. If it works I'm ok.

If not hook up the other wire to the cross over, cause its the right one.

This will cause no harm to the woofer.

Repeat for other side of car.

thanks for all the suggestions
it's not the greatest idea to hook up a crossover without all the components hooked up to it.... but in ur case for a short period of time i think it will be ok...

Since you have two sets of wires, I would first at a low volume take one set of wire and connect it to the tweeter output on the crossover, then you go to the front and see what speaker is playing.
Also, you don't want to hook up the tweeter to the midrange output on the crossover, this may cause you tweeter to push to much excursion and cause the tweeter to fail. Remember, the tweeter cannot take the lower frequency therefore it will hurt it, but the midrange can take high frequencies, it will just sound muddy but not damaging.
I guess my method *****. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I just don't like the thought of hooking up lower freqs to the tweeter or I would do what you suggested.
No I said hook it up to the higher freqs to the tweeter and the midrange. Looks like no one read what I said. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Are the speakers hooked up to the ends of the wires in the doors yet? Because an extremely simple way would be to hook up one speaker on each side. Tweeter, mid, doesn't matter. Leave the other wire on each side hanging. Then check each wire in the trunk with the DMM for resistance. The wire that is does not have infinite resistance is the one hooked up to the speaker! Then you know which wire is which on each side. So difficult?

If you don't have a DMM or access to one, get it quick.

As a side note...the only 9 volt battery I can think of that I even have in my apartment is in my DMM, haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.