I might cry. water in my doors...

christiankills
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tampa, Fl
So I'm working at dominos, and it starts pouring for a couple of hours.

After finally getting out of work, and the rain calms down, I turn up my system, adn then the speaker on my left side cuts out after about 20, 30 seconds of playing... I freak out, pull into a parking lot and check my connections, check my crossovers, my tweeters, everything.

Tweeters work, and I pull out my speaker... and the paper cone is wet.. the casing has water all over it..

also the connectors connecting the wiring is rusted along with the screws...

it's poured before, but the speaker has always worked, unless the humidity JUST got to it and made it break down. Maybe it was a freak accident and for some odd reason a lot of water got inside, I'm not sure.

couple of questions.

if my speaker dries.. will it work? haha... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif .... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif but the cone looks warped.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Next, what can I do to water proof my doors/protect my speakers when I install them.

also. 6spd.. do I have a warrenty that covers this..? haha. worth a try.

i had that happen to a set of CDT HD 3 ways. they creased and wouldn't dry and work properly again. i got a pair of thoes foam speaker baffles and cut out the bottom portion and part of the back. that way i'd still have cover over the top and back edge and wouldn't loose my air space. works great.

If you really want to insure that no water will get to your speaker------- check and make sure that the rubber located at the base of the glass has not dry rotted and cracked. This is a simple fix and all you do is go to a body shop or your local dealer to order the replacement part. The rubber strip is held in place with clip's that usually just snap in place. Envision a wiper blade that is worn out and streaks really bad that has been replaced with a new one that does'nt. Same thing!!!

If you really want to insure that no water will get to your speaker------- check and make sure that the rubber located at the base of the glass has not dry rotted and cracked. This is a simple fix and all you do is go to a body shop or your local dealer to order the replacement part. The rubber strip is held in place with clip's that usually just snap in place. Envision a wiper blade that is worn out and streaks really bad that has been replaced with a new one that does'nt. Same thing!!!

yep.

found a crack while i troubleshooted my speakers.

i guess ill be going to get that replacement part VERY soon...

hurricane season... :[

but yeah, I reconnected my now dry speaker, it turned on for a little, i turned up the volume, then it shut off. redid the terminals, never turned on.

does it signify anythin gif it just.. shuts off? it worked until a good amount of wattage hit it.

wow that sux that ur rainbows got destoryed, i guess ur talking about that tropical storm that went through tampa, im also here in tampa up by I-75 in temple terrace. that storm suxed big one. What others have mentioned u might want to replace ur weather stripping along the door glass. probably biggest problem ur facing.

wow that sux that ur rainbows got destoryed, i guess ur talking about that tropical storm that went through tampa, im also here in tampa up by I-75 in temple terrace. that storm suxed big one. What others have mentioned u might want to replace ur weather stripping along the door glass. probably biggest problem ur facing.
yeah, happend yesterday, started pouring from around 2-6.

yeah..... i no i had to mow in the weather, (MOMMA MADE ME //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif )

hey i have to make money some how for my next project and nobody is highering at 15 with my expertise :) so i mow lawns with the local hispanic immigrants no effience or ne thing ne one it true all the dudes hispanics.

Mike

The flex-wire is broken, between the cone and the terminal of the speaker.

A reconing shop might be able to fix it. In Florida, you might wanna take it to Orange County Speaker... they might be able to replace the flex wire. I've done that before, to various speakers... as long as you can get to both ends (ie, get the dustcap off without destroying it), you can do it, and have the speaker work fine afterwards, in most cases.

Regards,

Gordon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.