I need a little help on sub set up.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rangerboats

La.
Hi guys and thanks for your help and time. I'm going to be putting some subwoofers into my truck, a 2012 Nissan Frontier Crew cab and needed some advice. The subwoofers will be two American Bass VFL 8's in a 1.5 cube ported box at 34hz. The amp will be an Incriminator 10.1 with the subs wired down to 1-ohm.

The questions are as follows. Will the two subwoofers be able to take the Incriminator 10.1? Also is a 1.5 cube box with both subwoofers in the same chamber going to work or do I need to design another box for them. The box I am going to use is a box I found on this site designed by another member because I have no idea how to design a subwoofer box. Here is the box I found on here to use for them.

View attachment 26556032

Also I have a small Alt on this truck and think it is around a 120 amp so I was going to buy an extra battery to use for the stereo, should I get an AGM battery and what size battery would I need?

Here is a breakdown of the entire system..

Head unit Kenwood DDX774BH

Mids/highs are a set of Cresendo 6.5 with 6.5 in front door and tweeters in dash

Mids/highs amp is a Boston Acoustic 2125

Subwoofers are two American Bass VFL 8"s in a 1.5 cube (Shared) Box at 34hz

Sub amp is an Incriminator 10.1

I have the big 3 done and I am using Knu OFC 4-Ga on the mids/highs amp and Knu OFC 0-Ga on the Subwoofer amp.

Thank you for all of the help guys.

2nd batt only really help with playing stereo when car isn't running and adds something else alt has to charge., that said sometimes it's nice to be able to play it without starting every time.. they'll answer about amp and box.

Just get a decent agm battery up front

It's not recommended to run wet cells and agm

Also the more batteries the more (I forget the word) extra charge they will hold above resting voltage

Notice how when you **** your car off the voltage slowly drops from 14v to your resting voltage. That is going to keep amps running at 13.x volts longer than less batteries. Even if you have already drawn more than your alt can put out

Thank you guys so much for the replies and help. I am looking forward to installing my stereo equipment this weekend. I can't wait to get it all into the truck.

I know that a prefab box is not near as good as a box designed and made for the subwoofers but today after work I stopped by our local pawn shop and found a Atrends box that I bought for $20. I'm going to try and make my own with the plans I listed but this one will be a back up if for some reason I can't cut a board straight. This box says it is a 30Hz box, would that be tuned to low for the AB VFL 8" ?

https://www.atrendusa.com/digital-designs-8-dual-vented

That is the sub box I bought at the pawn shop. Thanks for the help, I am new to this but I've read a great deal online to try and get some of the better equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.