I need help asap

Participant count
  • Participant list

roko
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
YUMA, AZ
ok so i just bought me a cvr kicker 15 and wired it 1ohm i have a 2channel KOLE audio phanatik series ph2-1500 mosfet,bridgeable,crossover,hpf/lpf, 2ohm stable i also have a epicenter and a 8.0 farad cap by impulse 4gage good ground

heres the probelm

ok check it out it sounds amazing but if the volume gets too high or bass gets too hard the subs or the amp stops i duno why certin songs play good but when i put on spanish with the epicenter cant play too high that low bass shuts my **** off and its really fustrating me

on my head unit i have loud off and bass on 1amp gain high and l/o mode LOW so i dont kno man

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

i kno its common sence but i duno i i decided to wire it to 1ohm lol when my amp says 2ohm stable....

so if i jus keep it wired regular it wont give me that problem

But what is better 1ohm or 4ohm or jus leave it to 2 cuz my amp shuts off when playing loud and its kinda embarrising playing music and it jus stopping when a low bass note plays

But what is better 1ohm or 4ohm or jus leave it to 2 cuz my amp shuts off when playing loud and its kinda embarrising playing music and it jus stopping when a low bass note plays
what sub is it exactly , cvx i know but model number? you say its wired to 1 ohm but now your saying to leave it at 2 ohms .the sub is either a d4 which can be wired at 2 ohms or 8 ohms ,or a d2 which can be wired at 1 ohm or 4 ohms,which one

Its actually a cvr 07cvr152 2ohms but i was asking if it would be better at regular 2ohms or at 1 or 4ohms like u said

I did that and bridge it but it still shuts off bro can u explain why??

In that case, if the amp is 2 ohm stable, and your subs are 2 ohm. Wiring it to 2 ohm will give it the most rms.Lower than 2 ohm will make your amp go into protect mode.

I did that and bridge it but it still shuts off bro can u explain why??
The sub is a dual 2 ohm. Meaning you can wire it to either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. NOT 2! Look up subwoofer wiring diagram. If the sub was a dual 4 ohm then you could run it at 2 ohm. Getting this? You're amp is not 1 ohm stable and that's the way you have it wired and the amp is going into protect. Wire it to 4 and you'll be pulling less watts but the amp won't go into protect anymore. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.