I need HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

a7xrox5

first of all, im brand new here so i might have put this in the wrong section, so i apologize if i did. real quick, my setup is a Kenwood KDC-HD545U head unit, a 10 inch Alpine type R subwoofer, and a 2000watt sound storm labs amp and all of this is in my '02 explorer. I installed all this myself and it works perfect except for ONE small problem. when i turn my radio up(the magic number seems to be volume 23) the speakers will start to quiet down. it doesnt immediately happen, and eventually comes back to normal, but i dont understand why it does this. now my sub stays at the same volume, usually thats how i tell the speakers are going down because the sub starts to overpower the music. a guy at a local car shop told me it was a setting that my radio would react to the sound around it and adjust accordingly but thats just not true, my radio doesnt have that setting. did i wire something wrong? can my stock speakers not handle the volume? is the battery messed up? can you guys help me? any help is MUCH appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.