IA 187 vs. RE SRX vs. KickerCompVR

dannthemann
10+ year member

I have a Sun Down 1500d. I'm looking for a pair of 15's to go in the back of a Suburban. I have narrowed it down to pair of IA 187's, a pair of RE SRX's, or a pair of Kicker CompVR's. I can get all of these for about $250 including shipping. I want it to be loud, but I also want it to sound good. I will build the box to exact recommended specs. for whatever sub I decide. Any opinions on which ones to go with, or any other ideas. I must stay under $300 shipped.

You're right, they are only rated at 300RMS. I have heard from several people that they can do more. Would one good quality 15 be louder? Like a Fi Bl, or IA Death Row?

If three hundred is your budget then two 15"s is gonna be tough. Classifieds and patience are your friend. One serious 15 or 18 would be easier to find.

I have a Sun Down 1500d. I'm looking for a pair of 15's to go in the back of a Suburban. I have narrowed it down to pair of IA 187's, a pair of RE SRX's, or a pair of Kicker CompVR's. I can get all of these for about $250 including shipping. I want it to be loud, but I also want it to sound good. I will build the box to exact recommended specs. for whatever sub I decide. Any opinions on which ones to go with, or any other ideas. I must stay under $300 shipped.
The 187's are great subs. I would take them over any of the others mentioned!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dannthemann

10+ year member
dannthemann
New Bern NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from