Southwest Region IASCA SQ West Coast Regionals Oct 24th in Riverside, Ca

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT
    Participant count
  • Participant list

SoCalSQ
10+ year member

Because of the huge amount of interest in SQ IASCA has decided to hold a Western US Regional event. The show will be held at Audio Shoppe in Riverside Ca.

Registration will be from 8am-10am. The registration Fee will be $80.00 for one class and $140 for two classes. Because this is a Regional event PEOPLE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER LATE. I have been very lenient with late registrations this year and I know you guys are used to this, but for this event, I will not be making any exceptions. This is a money event and we need to adhere strictly to the rules. So BE ON TIME please.

We are starting judging early because there will be a lot of cars there and I know noone wants to be there until 8pm.

If you would like to pre-register you can do so by emailing me at twoodworth@ca.rr.com. I will send payment instructions, and a confirmation email once I have received payment.

We are holding the Competitor meeting at 10;00 am. Judging will start immediately following the meeting. We will be using judging lanes. Once your car is in the lanes it is considered ready to compete.

There will be 4 judges at the event. Two of the judges will be from the west and two will be from the east.

YOU DO NOT NEED ANY AMOUNT OF POINTS TO ATTEND REGIONALS. Finishing in the top 3 in any class at regionals will automatically qualify you for a spot at finals regardless of how many points you have.

Winners of FIRST PLACE at regionals in each class will split the Prize money pot. They will also be crowned West Coast Champion and will have an opportunity to be the US champion.

The prize money pot will consist of the following:

• The gate fees from the event minus expenses
  • Money contributed by manufacturers
  • Money contributed from other sponsors

The prize pot will be spilt evenly between all the 1st place finishers. As we get closer to the event and I have a better idea of the exact amount, I will be posting here to keep you up to date as to what the pot is at.

WEST COAST COMPETITORS- IASCA is standing up and taking notice of us for the first time in a long time. It is imperative that we show up in force with some badass cars and make a good showing to let the organization know we are here and we are serious about competing.

I have been pushing hard to get finals moved to a more central location that will not preclude us from attending. If we SHOW UP and compete here it will make my fight alot easier. Finals this year have already been scheduled in Florida and because of commitments/deposits it will stay there this year, but my aim is to make Regionals so big that they are forced to take notice of us and move it to somewhere central, such as Oklahoma.

If anyone needs any kind of help especially on the INSTALLATION scoring please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to answer any questions you have an even meet up with you to help you to be prepared. Remember we will be going "by the book" here.

This means:

• Make sure you have pictures of EVERYTHING that is hidden (wiring, head unit mounting, speaker terminations, firewall penetration, deadening, box/enclosure construction, hidden components, etc.)

• Make an upgrade list that you will hand to the judge at the end of your presentation (as per the rulebook) I WILL HELP YOU PUT THIS TOGETHER if you contact me. Upgrade scoring is a very important part of winning in the SQi classes. I will probably make a separate post specifically about upgrades.

• Practice your presentation. make sure it is thorough and covers all the aspects of your system. make sure you cover eash area(engine compartment, interior, trunk/hatch area) Make sure you use as much of the alloted time as you can without going over. Going over is a good way to lose points.

• TALK TO PEOPLE. I will help ANYONE who contacts me to make sure they have a thorough understanding of the rules. Most of the judges and many of the seasoned competitors also have good info for you. If you didn't do the installation make sure to talk to your installer so you thoroughly understand your system.

-Todd Woodworth

IASCA West Coast Director

(909) 816-2640

twoodworth@ca.rr.com

Official Results:

Rookie:

David Kismioto-212

Vien Quach-200

Mike Little-198

Amateur:

Jim Becker-474

Dean Chen-296

Pro:

Steve Ciccarello-471

Bing Xu-456

Jim Bishop-403

Eng Soedjono-401

Expert:

Greg Dodd-542

Vince Miranda-534

SQc1:

Jim Becker-249

Aubrey Carter-248

Jim Bishop-246

Vince Miranda-236

David Kismioto-232

Scott Welch-232

Don Gibson-231

Todd Woodworth-230

Michael Silverman-230

Jose Lainez-226

Eng Soedjono-220

Bing Xu-217

Mike Litle-212

Craig Cindrell-209

Vien Quach-197

Michael thompson-187

Dean Chen-187

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SoCalSQ

10+ year member
SoCalSQ
Corona, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from