If i bought a new vehicle for audio what would you recomend?

you need to look at the charging system as well.

I know some fords cant fit dual alternators (like expeditions, and I think explorers are the same (at least for certain generations)

I dont have a clue about jeeps though

a lot of chevy's have engine brackets that are very easy to fit multiple alternators on, so thats something to consider too

also consider the door panels if you are wanting to do some stuff there too

I know the nissan harbodies have nice flat door panels, which are great for glassing over

chevy avalanche FTW
insta-blowthrough with removing four bolts

P2180850.jpg
hes right D@MNIT!!!

its jus about perfect. u have a TON OF SPACE right behind the backseat that OPENS UP to the truck. u can have a hidden system (thieves dont wear X-ray so they cant steal what they cant SEE), and u can have a HUGE box and still have plenty of room to play with. theyre pretty cheap. and they look awesome IMHO. plus theyre an all around good truck. i helped w/ an install on my neighbor's. his used 3 l7 12s. n it was LOUDER THAN HELL.

forgot to mention

the S10 blazer Xtreme is a cheap, good looking SUV thats a stout V6, fair mileage, lotsa trunk space, and lots of potential. had one for a short time b4 my current truck. they look good dropped. idk what ur goal as far as exterior looks is, but they have some potential. also, the V8 conversion kit will HAUL @$$!!!

Jeeps might have more torque and other performance benefits, but I have a friend that works for Ford in the Trade-In department (fixes up all model cars after trade-ins) and he says Jeeps are sent to the auction more than any other type of vehicle they see. He always talks bad about ford (mostly about how they intentionally tie parts together so that if one thing messes up, you have to buy the whole assembly) but he says Jeeps are one of the worst vehicles (piece of **** breaking down wise, not performance wise).
Just adding .02 here, no personal opinion on my part, just thought I'd share, he's one of the best mechanics in this town.
Dealerships are the worst place to get your information. Why you might ask?

You're talking about people who simply drive their vehicles around until something breaks --- absolutely zero preventative maintenance. If you do regular preventative maintenance on a Jeep, it will easily last 200, 300k miles. My cherokee with 160,000 miles runs like a TOP, no leaks, perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.