In Theory it should work, please advise

Participant count
  • Participant list

groove269
10+ year member

Let me know if this would work.

1. Pioneer Premier F90bt HU ====> 6x9's in the back set to low

2. 3.5" dash speakers (around 100wRMS) ===== (2) of the 4-channel on PG 80:4 AMP (125wRMSx4)

3. Eclipse SC8362 Mids ====== to the last to channels on PG amp

Hifonics ====Sub

Would this work and would that be considered "active"?

thanks for your help guys.

Where is your bandpass range for the mid range? Where are your independent speakers to handle the various frequency ranges? Sorry, but that setup you are proposing isn't "active"! Also, your deck appears to have a 2 way crossover built into it.

Now would your proposed setup work? Sure.

Could it be made to sound good? You betcha.

Where is your bandpass range for the mid range? Where are your independent speakers to handle the various frequency ranges? Sorry, but that setup you are proposing isn't "active"! Also, your deck appears to have a 2 way crossover built into it.
Now would your proposed setup work? Sure.

Could it be made to sound good? You betcha.
Help me fix this please, I'm supposed to get everything put in next week and want to do it right the 1st time. What do I need?

Not sure if this matters but the X-overs that came with my comps have an "on" and "defeat" switch, what is that?

I really need help setting this baby up, so far this is what I have, please let me know if I'm missing anything:

1. HU (Pioneer F90BT)

2. Eclipse SC8362 comps

3. Phoenix Gold Octane R 8.0:4 amp for high

4. Hifonic Brutus for subs

5. kicker comp Vr 12" (dual in kicker box @2ohm load)

6.Kicker 0/1 gauge wiring kit

7. Monster cable 4-way and 2-way kit

8. Dynamat for doors and inside lining of trunk.

I am really trying to steer away from drilling holes in my door for the tweets, so I was thinking of putting in the 3.5" onto dash (has inserts for them on dodge chargers)

I hope I answer this correctly so here it goes.

My PG amp has Bandpass option, I also have eclipse 6x9's that I haven't decided yet if I would use them, if I did it would be powered by my HU. Hope that answers some questions

Let me know if this would work.
1. Pioneer Premier F90bt HU ====> 6x9's in the back set to low

2. 3.5" dash speakers (around 100wRMS) ===== (2) of the 4-channel on PG 80:4 AMP (125wRMSx4)

3. Eclipse SC8362 Mids ====== to the last to channels on PG amp

Hifonics ====Sub

Would this work and would that be considered "active"?

thanks for your help guys.
Active is when you control the cross-over frequencies, slopes.

Your worried enough about sq to go with an active settup, yet your running 6x9's off of hu power in the rear?
No, it was just an option. Ill be running my eclipse mids to my pg amp along with 3.5" on my dash to serve as my "tweets" (replacing comp tweets) all running to my 4-channel amp. Question is will it sound good and can I run it active with what I have?

My day to get the install is getting closer, i really need help on this.

1. Whats a good 3.5" speakers for pure highs to replace my component tweeters? (speakers need to be around 100wRMS)

2. Would i be able to connect the 3.5" speakers to my X-overs?

3. Is my HU any good for Active set up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.