Infinitys in a truck???

Participant count
  • Participant list

snobrdrdan

I have 2 Infinity Perfect 12s (4 ohm) in my Dakota Club Cab. I have a box that gives them 1.25 cubic foot each. Is that enough??? OR can I have a smaller box for them for good sound???

I have plenty of power going to them (new Rockford Fosgate Punch Power 800.2 bridged), but I want it to be loud but bump hard and sound clear.

My main concern is if they'll work better in a small box or a big box??? And do they sound right in a truck's cab (they're facing the back of the cab).

Dumb questions, but I can't figure out why it doesn't sound good still!!!!

Thanks

i have a friend with the same kind of truck and what really slamed 2 optimes pro series facing the back of the seat with a kennwood amp running them at over max power it is the 600 watt amp by kennwood the sube hander 200 max and they were still slaming at 350 a piece with out bottoming out you wont have any room in back but it sounder good

thats radio shacks subs but u have to break them in first i would go a liltel smaller with the box and face them forward once or just play with the box and put it in different pos in your truck

I have 2 infinity perfect 12's in the back of my cavalier. When i first installed them, i put them in a duel 1.25cft enclosure and i didn't like how they sounded, so i called the the tech boys at infinity and asked them what would work best, they told me that the perfect 12's work best in a 1.5 to a 2.0cft enclosure(sealed) so i had a duel 12inch box built with 1.6cft of airspace per sub. The new box sounded alot nicer with cleaner bass and better overall response. The subs are also recieving 450watts rms each off of a Concept CCD1200 class D amp with a RF 1farad cap, low pass is set at 80hz and subsonic highpass set at 18hz. I hope this helps a bit, those infinity's will pound hard after being set up right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.