Intro thread

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeremyg1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello,

I have been building enclosures, mostly subwoofer but a few full range towers, for almost 10 years now. I started at a little stereo shop in North Dakota and then several years at Elemental Designs as their only enclosure builder. Everything I built was documented on our, at the time, Icixsound.com forum. When they moved the forum to what is the now Elemental Designs forum all of my pictures were lost. Several years ago I finished my degree and moved on with my career so I am in the process of trying to find more of my work to show potential customers. I now build them in my spare time because it is something I enjoy and not everyone has the means to build their own. I can also provide you simple sealed/vented designs to take advantage of the space that you have in your vehicle.

How I usually work is once a design is decided upon I will provide a quote for parts/labor/shipping. I only require that a deposit be made on the parts (actual cost plus 15% for everything involved with acquiring them), once that are received I will get to work. Shipping is simply calculated by estimating the final dimensions/weight and getting a quote for FedEx or UPS (insured for the full quoted price), they are both close to me so I have no preference. I can provide pictures of the build process if you would like. Once it is complete I will send you a few pictures of the enclosure for your final approval, at that time you would then pay the remaining amount and I will get it shipped out a.s.a.p.

At present I offer raw, carpeted (black/light gray/dark gray), and Duratex coated MDF enclosures.

I am located right outside of Cedar Rapids Iowa, local pickups are always welcome.

I accept PayPal and credit card (via PayPal invoice).

In the next few days I will post some pricing details here, in the meantime feel free to contact me using any one of the following methods:

Email: Jeremy.Gunkel@gmail.com

Voice/text: (319) 214-0008 (Google voice number)

I also check my PMs daily.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me be the 1st to welcome you to the Caraudio.com family....Kick your shoes off and make yourself at home......Good luck to you and your future builds here...

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you are a supporting vendor. There are a good bunch of vendors that do enjoy helping people out with their builds. I grew up in Pella, Iowa. Now live in Pensacola, Florida. Hope you get some business and make a bunch of long, lasting friendships here. Good luck!

The closest thing that comes to mind is a Ford Explorer. I have built a few boxes for them over the years. IIRC the Pilot would be a little smaller than the Explorer.

What are you looking to do in your Honda as far as sub/amp/enclosure?

The closest thing that comes to mind is a Ford Explorer. I have built a few boxes for them over the years. IIRC the Pilot would be a little smaller than the Explorer.
What are you looking to do in your Honda as far as sub/amp/enclosure?
I'm looking to run stock electrical, no extra batteries. Stock alternator is 130 amp, so I was thinking around 750 to 900 rms monoblock. I have been looking into the Diamond D6 sub series and think they are a pretty tough sub, have a local Diamond dealer here in town that I buy from. As far as my listening habits go, SQL would be best to describe my taste. Like to have very detailed, punchy deep bass. I have 4 gauge ran to the rear headrest compartment as far as wiring goes, so this should suffice for the addition of my extra amp. As for ported or sealed, I've not decided. The third row seat splits a 60/40, was maybe thinking getting a design for the smaller half of the seat to be folded down to put the enclosure on. What would you suggest, Sir.

I have not done anyhting like that so I wouldn'd be able to comment to how well that would work. With most SUVs I have always had the best luck with the standard up fireing driver and rear fireing port. For a detailed design I would get in touch with pro_rabbit or double07. While I can build a quailtiy enclosure, I know my limits when it comes to designing anything beyond a standard sealed/bass reflex enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jeremyg1

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jeremyg1
Cedar Rapids, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date