IPOD Touch 4th gen shattered?

goingdef
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Norfolk VA
Well the other night my wife went to grab the Ipod out of the car and just as she was walking in the door she dropped it on the concrete stairs needless to say it shattered! So I have no warranty and it still works but looks horrible! Has anyone bought the replacement screen off ebay? And how hard was it to pry the thing apart and get it all back together?

yeah local repair shops do it real cheap nowadays
I never thought I would have to have a repair like this done and normally I would just replace whatever was damaged but the things only a couple months old! My old Ipod with the round dial still gets it and I have dropped it several times, I would have thought this one was tougher but I guess not.

it depends. unfortunately the new ipod touch 4gs have the screen synthesizers and glass glued together.. so its a little more pricey fix. usually apple charges 100.

i got mine done locally for $65. i saw videos of how to do it and sait forget it. 65 is cheap. screens vary $20 to 80.

it depends. unfortunately the new ipod touch 4gs have the screen synthesizers and glass glued together.. so its a little more pricey fix. usually apple charges 100.i got mine done locally for $65. i saw videos of how to do it and sait forget it. 65 is cheap. screens vary $20 to 80.
yea when they used the glue I said screw it, that and a bunch of little things have to be removed to unplug the wires to even remove the screen. The thing that REALLY pissed me off is right after she did it she say's "it still works"with that whats your problem tone, god that really gets under my skin.

Im replacing one for my friend right now. Screen was 12$ on ebay from hong kong and Ive already got the old screen out. You have to be very careful with all the little ribbon cables. Im just doing it because I was more curious than anything.

Im replacing one for my friend right now. Screen was 12$ on ebay from hong kong and Ive already got the old screen out. You have to be very careful with all the little ribbon cables. Im just doing it because I was more curious than anything.
so how did you get it apart I'm assuming it's the newest model with the cemented parts?

It's extremely easy, only takes like 5 minutes. Just be careful when you're prying off the front or you'll crack the frame around the digitizer where the button is, it doesn't mess anything up just looks bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.