Is anyone on here running Atomic or T3 Audio products?

I know Atomic has been around and is geared more for spl which is what I'm looking for, I'm not too knowledgeable on T3 other than their stuff seems to be built and designed well. From what I can gather you can only go through an authorized dealer.
used them as a build house. they have excellent motors. cones and soft prats or OK coils are AWESOME. typically they do high sensitivity stuff sometimes they miss with not having enough linear throw. Id love to use them if they would use slightly longer coils for daily but for burps they are hard to beat..

Atomic motors look pretty damn legit, even the 400w model has double stacked 1" slugs. I'm beginning to design a single 10 most likely in a 4th order for burps in a 2017 mustang.
they not too great in 4th order. much better in 6th order honestly. they are low qes low MMs drivers. they are dry and don't exactly dig low. you could however use a smaller higher tuned 4th order with good results.. they are similar to the early 2000s dd 95/9900 series drivers that loved big ported boxes tuned 35+

that being said the apx and apxx can be built with several coils to do nicely in a 4th order. also hte Manhattan and ele are more along the lines of what ya looking for without breaking the bank

the motors i wanted built alone where going to cost me 200 per. but he uses y38 and 101 cold rolled steel..

I know Atomic has been around and is geared more for spl which is what I'm looking for, I'm not too knowledgeable on T3 other than their stuff seems to be built and designed well. From what I can gather you can only go through an authorized dealer.

There's a good bit of both here in the northeast. Atomic is a well established company and their products will deliver as advertised.

I didn't even know T3 was back. They used to have the TSNS subs which were TC 4hp motors built up with their own parts. T3 definitely knows how to build proper SPL subs that'll take abuse, if they're not using American made TC motors who knows what quality their new motors are? Also T3 has a bit of a track record of taking people's money and going out of business so be careful.

they not too great in 4th order. much better in 6th order honestly. they are low qes low MMs drivers. they are dry and don't exactly dig low. you could however use a smaller higher tuned 4th order with good results.. they are similar to the early 2000s dd 95/9900 series drivers that loved big ported boxes tuned 35+
that being said the apx and apxx can be built with several coils to do nicely in a 4th order. also hte Manhattan and ele are more along the lines of what ya looking for without breaking the bank

the motors i wanted built alone where going to cost me 200 per. but he uses y38 and 101 cold rolled steel..
I'm not sure what series I would use, to get into the class I wanted I'd be limited to under 700w clamped. I figured if I tune the 4th order right I can get a good number.

I didn't know ferrite went past y35 lol

There's a good bit of both here in the northeast. Atomic is a well established company and their products will deliver as advertised.
I didn't even know T3 was back. They used to have the TSNS subs which were TC 4hp motors built up with their own parts. T3 definitely knows how to build proper SPL subs that'll take abuse, if they're not using American made TC motors who knows what quality their new motors are? Also T3 has a bit of a track record of taking people's money and going out of business so be careful.
I didn't know they went away, their website copyright is up to date but I couldn't find any dealer info.

I'm not sure what series I would use, to get into the class I wanted I'd be limited to under 700w clamped. I figured if I tune the 4th order right I can get a good number.
I didn't know ferrite went past y35 lol

I didn't know they went away, their website copyright is up to date but I couldn't find any dealer info.
Id probably o the Apocalypse. why not 6th order?

Id probably o the Apocalypse. why not 6th order?
I thought 6th orders are for music and 4th orders are for burps. I don't know how to design a 6th order. 4th is easy- 3:1 ratio and tune to res freq of the car and fine tune from there. I just need to play 1 note, I'm not sure which one yet. I need to build a sealed box to test res freq of the car. I know a while back Louisiana_CRX on here did a 154 with a DDZ 12 in a 2010 Stang so I know they will get pretty loud.

I thought 6th orders are for music and 4th orders are for burps. I don't know how to design a 6th order. 4th is easy- 3:1 ratio and tune to res freq of the car and fine tune from there. I just need to play 1 note, I'm not sure which one yet. I need to build a sealed box to test res freq of the car. I know a while back Louisiana_CRX on here did a 154 with a DDZ 12 in a 2010 Stang so I know they will get pretty loud.
6th order is more efficient and have the potential to get louder.

i asked same q while back.. really wanted a manhattan 12 bad but like u say u gotta go to a dealer and can't get any kind of a discount shopping online.. found a few one ebay new but it had the correct cone on a lower end basket and idk what to make of that and the manhattan is just not as strong of a sub as could be had online for $200 or less.. some of their spl subs are awesome, saw video guy put a 8" in a 5 gallon bucket with port on it, hit like 150 lol..

Atomic is good stuff.

T3 was hit or miss, with questionable practices along the way. The tsns were loud subs.

If you are debating the 2, id go Atomic

i asked same q while back.. really wanted a manhattan 12 bad but like u say u gotta go to a dealer and can't get any kind of a discount shopping online.. found a few one ebay new but it had the correct cone on a lower end basket and idk what to make of that and the manhattan is just not as strong of a sub as could be had online for $200 or less.. some of their spl subs are awesome, saw video guy put a 8" in a 5 gallon bucket with port on it, hit like 150 lol..
Must've been TaylorFade.

Lots of people used to run Atomic....not anymore. All fell off the bandwagon to nut hug another brand I guess. Email Randy @ Atomic

I'm not sure what series I would use, to get into the class I wanted I'd be limited to under 700w clamped.
If your goal is a one-note-wonder box 6th order bandpass has potential on paper, though I've not seen anybody putting up great numbers with one.

Not sure what a good 700W "SPL" sub is these days but I'd avoid T3 outside of the TSNS series and as I said with their track record be careful sending them money.

What size woofer are you looking for? How much box space do you have? What amp are you using? How much are you looking to spend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.