is earthquake amps ok?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys, its been a while since I've last been on this forum....so I recently got a good deal on a earthquake T1000w/2....is it a good brand/amp? And I want to power a sub of 500rms there around....and what does earthquake got on crunch 1000.1blx mono's?...thanks in advance

its a mids and highs amp. most likely does 50-75 real watts a channel. Bottom tier garbage of earthquake, stick with their higher lines and stick with a monoblock. You want cheap you'll get cheap performance. Not sure what brands you have available to you in south africa but stick with the general mainstream brands of amps(alpine, kicker, JL, rockford fosgate) and stay clear away from crunch, boss, pyle, lanzar(non opti series) power acoustik, ssl, spl, autotek. you are only getting 100 true watts out of that crunch after accounting voltage drops and box rise. Might want to look into making a 1/4 wave Transmission line enclosure (t-line) if you dont have access to a lot of power. The enclosure can override the lack of power through efficiency.

If you want budget power thats not complete junk, then look for precision power black ice, ion or BA series. Or hifonics brutus, mb quart discus or onyx, soundstream TA, or older audiopipe apcls series. If you can find these where you live, then you are ahead of the game compared to all the others running the junk tier equipment.

When you are ready for a real system, try to get your hands on Digital designs, sundown audio, soundqubed/audioque, B2 audio, incriminator audio... etc their subs and amps will blow away every setup you can think possible. Their standard entry level lines can destroy an kicker L7 in both output and sound quality.

I have access to brands such as kicker, jl,alpine, dd, soundstream, precision bass etc....but here's mostly kenwood and pioneer amps...btw is jensen amps good? And I can get a good deal on a kenwood amp...but the pioneer, jensen and kenwood amps seems low, they always like 300w x2 or so etc

I have access to brands such as kicker, jl,alpine, dd, soundstream, precision bass etc....but here's mostly kenwood and pioneer amps...btw is jensen amps good? And I can get a good deal on a kenwood amp...but the pioneer, jensen and kenwood amps seems low, they always like 300w x2 or so etc
Jensen is junk. Again. That kenwood amp is just for mids and highs. Too weak for a proper subwoofer. Go with DD m2a or soundstream ta series.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.