is it safe to bi amp jbl ms62c with 60 watts to midrange and tweeter?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The MS-62C crossovers can't be bi-amped, so you're really asking about running the set with active crossovers. If you know what you're doing that set should handle 60W x4 just fine. The questions now are 1) how are you going to get the correct crossovers? 2) What would you gain by doing this instead of simply bridging the amplifier?

The MS-62C crossovers can't be bi-amped, so you're really asking about running the set with active crossovers. If you know what you're doing that set should handle 60W x4 just fine. The questions now are 1) how are you going to get the correct crossovers? 2) What would you gain by doing this instead of simply bridging the amplifier?
I don't fully understand this process but I just now realized that about the crossovers. My goal was to buy a set of the jbl's and use my 4 chanel amp. wasn't sure if the tweeters would handle 60 watts even with modest gain. If I do bridge my amp will the impedance still be 4 ohms?

I don't fully understand this process but I just now realized that about the crossovers. My goal was to buy a set of the jbl's and use my 4 chanel amp. wasn't sure if the tweeters would handle 60 watts even with modest gain. If I do bridge my amp will the impedance still be 4 ohms?
you bridge the amp, and it will still be 4ohms to the set. the tweeters are usually 6ohm-8ohm, so they will only get 30rms at most. you will be fine bridging 2 channels for each side.

In a bridged setup, what happens is that the two positive rails are ran at 2 ohm, and the negatives at 2ohm, so together you get 4 ohm, but technically 2 ohm by two channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.