Is my AMP Screwed???

Participant count
  • Participant list

HERC

I have recently installed 2 subs and an Amp and I am having major issues

I am getting a kick from the Subs when I turn the stereo off and on and also when I change between the sources on my stereo.

The thump gets bigger as I increase the gain on the amp, and if I have no music playing and turn the gain up on the amp the subs begin to pulse

I have tried upgrading the ground to 1 gauge wire from 4, and changed the ground point direct to the chassie of the car instead of connecting to the sat mounting bracket,

I am running bridged 2 channel amp and 2 DVC Subs wired in series at each at 4ohm load

Second Picture Down on the Link

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Can anyone please help.

just take a 14ga. piece of wire and wrap it around the metal part of the rca end and attch it to the metal deck housing ive had to do this in many installs (like the pioneers they always do it....)

Sorry but I am new at this,

Which end of the RCA Cable am connecting the cable 2,

Also is the "Metal Deck Housing" the amp case?

Sorry if that is a newby question

you basically cut the sheath / plastic cover off of the RCA cable near the end of the rca cables towards the head unit, then either solder or connect in some way a small wire from the metal outer layer ground wire of the RCA cable and wire that with some 22 gauge wire to a screw on the frame of the radio itself.. This is a common trick on Pioneer head units to get rid of pesky noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.