Is the juice really worth the squeez

57hemi

Texas
Ok so I've been reading and reading. I'm about to order my subs and I'm worried it won't be all that better than what I have and I would like some support

I have a mtx t812/22 and I was thinking about just adding a second for. 180 bux

But if I'm going to upgrade I might as well just splerdge and get either 2 dc 4xl's or 2 zcons and run them off a dc 5k..... Yes there will be a 320a alt a and the largest battery I can fit up front and. 2 smaller in the rear...... Will there be a noticeable difference between the mtx a and the high end subs

The only reason I ask is my 12 now already makes my nose tingle and ear hair move so I'm pretty happy with it

Ok so I've been reading and reading. I'm about to order my subs and I'm worried it won't be all that better than what I have and I would like some supportI have a mtx t812/22 and I was thinking about just adding a second for. 180 bux

But if I'm going to upgrade I might as well just splerdge and get either 2 dc 4xl's or 2 zcons and run them off a dc 5k..... Yes there will be a 320a alt a and the largest battery I can fit up front and. 2 smaller in the rear...... Will there be a noticeable difference between the mtx a and the high end subs

The only reason I ask is my 12 now already makes my nose tingle and ear hair move so I'm pretty happy with it
Splurge, and yes there will be a major diff between the mtxs

Every time you double the cone area, you add 3db. If you double the power, you add 3db. If you are upgrading your amp and subs to well over double the power and cone area, you should be getting at least a 6 - 10gb gain, or more. Every 6db "sounds like" twice the volume level.

Example:

Say you have two 15s and a 1000w amp and you are getting 148dbs.

Now technically if you add 2 more 15s(3db) and another 1000w amp(another 3db)assuming that everything is the same model,you get 154dbs.

148+6db=154db

Ok so I've been reading and reading. I'm about to order my subs and I'm worried it won't be all that better than what I have and I would like some supportI have a mtx t812/22 and I was thinking about just adding a second for. 180 bux

the t812-22 subs are good subs and designed to play higher bass tones and are great for spl and quaility. the are great subs and getting a second will only help out with what you are getting. this forum will encourage you to get the bigger and better not mainline brand products. this forum is all about those companies. i would add the second mtx sub.

the t812-22 subs are good subs and designed to play higher bass tones and are great for spl and quaility. the are great subs and getting a second will only help out with what you are getting. this forum will encourage you to get the bigger and better not mainline brand products. this forum is all about those companies. i would add the second mtx sub.
The only reason I really like your idea is

1 I already like the sub I have it's pretty awesome for what it is....so I'm sure I'll like 2

2 another at $180 would allow me to save up that 4-5k I need for the 4" lift and 33" tires and new wheels

Maybe after I get the bumpers and winches and **** I will upgrade the subs.

Besides I still need a sound processor and and carputer somehow run throw a can bus( I think it's impossible) and mids highs and amp. I think I may just come back to subs later

Would you run 3 of them at 1.3ohms on at 1700w 1ohm amp oh ( if you don't know there suppose to be 500-1500w subs.....more like 500 i think

The other choice is two at 2 ohms 1200w split between the two

The single t812-22 is 4ohms at 600w

It's In a 2cubed box tuned to 32hz. In my jeep I think it sounds **** good I'm still just wanting a little more.

My main complaints is it doesn't hit higher notes like a 10 and the lows are week not on a complete songs but sometimes I think there more like 28-23hz soo I'm not really knocking it for that. But it is a little sloppier when listening to Metallica but sounds awesome on Mumford and sons and lil Wayne. There isn't a wide band of bass frequencies though it's defiantly clear listening to a sweep where it likes and where it *****

This is my first 12. I'm 34 no and I'm not trying to compete. I'm deaf. I was blown up in Iraq and lost all hearing. As well as puncturing a lung and now havering a plastic knee cap. And a traumatic brain injury. .......nof bad crud......I can hear loud bass! It makes me hear music again. And my 12 gives me almost that so i want more. Like I said I'm not a teen money isn't an issue. I want to hear. I have 6cubic feet and if. Forced could go 7 but I'm pretty set on 2 12's on a lot of power......and maybe I'll be jamming again

Every post by you that I've ever seen has bashed on big companies like DD, sundown, DC, ect. You know why this forum is about thozse companies? They have great products! You can't tell me that a DC 4XL that pushes (underrated) 2200W RMS won't outperform a 500 watt MTX sub. If you're so unhappy with this forum, why are you a part of it? Seriously...

I want to make sure I get what I want. I didn't realize asking a couple time before I drop $1200 on 2 speakers was a big deal. Last I chech all y'all work for this money I'm about to spend! I don't I sit on my *** since I was 25 and learned how or walk again like a baby, learn to feed my self again.......my bad my brain injury is pissing you off. I narrowed it down to two. But if I can get what I'm looking for cheaper I thought y'all would help

Ps tbi/PTSD cause forgetfulness it's not my fault I dint remember what I ask.. Thanks for making a handicap feel bad about themselfs

To the op there is a bigg difference between what you have and what you posted about getting, it's up to you if want to spend the money on it or not. Either way you will notice a difference between the 1 you have to upgrading to a pair of 12's no matter which ones you upgrade to.

Also I just got a zcon 12 and did so for a reason.

I want to make sure I get what I want. I didn't realize asking a couple time before I drop $1200 on 2 speakers was a big deal. Last I chech all y'all work for this money I'm about to spend! I don't I sit on my *** since I was 25 and learned how or walk again like a baby, learn to feed my self again.......my bad my brain injury is pissing you off. I narrowed it down to two. But if I can get what I'm looking for cheaper I thought y'all would help
Ps tbi/PTSD cause forgetfulness it's not my fault I dint remember what I ask.. Thanks for making a handicap feel bad about themselfs
Who was this directed at?

Every post by you that I've ever seen has bashed on big companies like DD, sundown, DC, ect. You know why this forum is about thozse companies? They have great products! You can't tell me that a DC 4XL that pushes (underrated) 2200W RMS won't outperform a 500 watt MTX sub. If you're so unhappy with this forum, why are you a part of it? Seriously...
your an idiot. not bashing companies other than rockford which i will continue to because they have burned me so many times. just letting the OP know that this forum will suggest he replace everything rather than add the one sub. from what i have seen, MOST here will go with the no-so mainstream companies. why am i still here, well i do actually help others when nobody helps at all or doesn't answer the OP's questions. i may not post all the time and be helpful with everyone but i at least look at what the post is about and offer my opinion. $uck it B1tch

your an idiot. not bashing companies other than rockford which i will continue to because they have burned me so many times. just letting the OP know that this forum will suggest he replace everything rather than add the one sub. from what i have seen, MOST here will go with the no-so mainstream companies. why am i still here, well i do actually help others when nobody helps at all or doesn't answer the OP's questions. i may not post all the time and be helpful with everyone but i at least look at what the post is about and offer my opinion. $uck it B1tch
*You're the idiot. I agree that Rockford is overpriced. Usually, the questions that don't get answered are the common ones with thousands of threads. The search function on the internet is there for a reason...

Do you really think that two MTX t812/22's will be better than a pair of DC 4XL's on a 5K? You aren't helping the OP. If he wants the most out of his system, which I believe he does, upgrading to the DC's is a good option. Boomtaco64, you are ignorant....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.