Is this a good box for 2 12"W6v2's

Cshread
10+ year member

Im having a hard time finding boxes close to the measurements JL lists on their site for a dual 12" sealed enclosure for the W6v2's, and ive found this real cheap one i ebay that is pretty close but i was wondering if it was crap or if anyone knows where to get a good enclosure for these.

Seems like they would charge alot if you did it that way and i might get ripped off
No Ive got offers for a 2 12" porter box 120 shipped. The links are produced boxes just made. Make a thread saying you want a box and let the offers roll in. Never buy prefarb. it's like tits and no a**

it's like tits and no a**
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Oh so true

And I'd be more than happy to make one for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(Though you do live in Texas, shipping may be a bit of change..)

That box would be fine.

It meets the sealed requirements for that sub. And personally I would run them sealed.

It's MDF, sealed. So it's hard to go wrong.

It's hard to go wrong with a sealed box. Even prefab sealed boxes can work well. Only things you have to worry about are proper volume and construction. Stay within the recommended box volume for the subs and choose a box that's at least 3/4" MDF for strength. I think a company called AudioEnhancers makes sub boxes specific to JL and other brands. They make their boxes with 3/4" MDF and for the front baffle where the sub is mounted, they double that to 1.5" MDF.

As long as the box is .75 mdf and the right volume, it will be fine. Also be sure the hole cutout is the right size too. Ive used prefabs in the past, and I just make sure they dont leak and everything is fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.