It Has Begun... donpisto's '06 G35 Sedan Install

Thanks for the tip. I needed something right away...didn't want to twist and use electrical tape. When I get around to it next time I'll be soldering the wires.

Thanks....here's some more progress after getting a few things done on Friday.

Ran the wires for the voltage meter and the amplifier remote wire from the OEM head unit to the LC6i.

IMG_6502_800x600.jpg

IMG_6503_800x600.jpg

IMG_6506_800x600.jpg

Installed crossovers and hooked them up to amp.

IMG_6507_800x600.jpg

IMG_6508_800x600.jpg

IMG_6509_800x600.jpg

LC6i all wired up.

IMG_6510_800x600.jpg

Next I need to run wires through the door and to the trunk for the mids and tweeters, make some baffles for the mids, and modify the window sail for the tweeters, maybe do a little fiberglassing. Still need to deaden the passenger door. Just about done with this setup. I think I'll also get a sub gain control so I can adjust it when I don't want much bass on some of those dreadful mornings.

No...sold it a few months ago. Kinda wish I kept it but needed the money and figured I would go a different route since I couldn't find another one in good condition.

For the time being, a 15" RE SE. Going with it since it comes with an enclosure and makes me life easier not having to worry about building an enclosure getting one built. I should be installing it today. Gonna deaden the rear deck today because it rattles like a mofo with all the panels out.

Finally got a sub in. 15" RE SE. Also painted the wood black so it looks a lil cleaner. Barely got the sub to fit in because of the stupid thick foam pieces the car comes with. Had to get a lil creative to get it in, but I got it.

In the vid below I actually turned the gain down quite a bit on both the Audiocontrol LC6i and the amp. It was quite a bit louder before and the rear view mirror immediately vibrated down, and much faster. Sunroof was also flexing quite a bit earlier. Sub sounds like it's rattling but its the old digital camera I'm using. Sounds pretty good though.

Pics

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6527.jpg

Video

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.