IT'S FINISHED!! Box Calculator now has CUT SHEETS!

any idea when the add on part for the weird shaped boxes will be ready?

Between building the enclosure for my new Q's, installing the HU and speakers in my new/used 2001 Jimmy I've not had a lot of spare time to work on the sheet..... I'll be out of town at a workshop for work this week though and I should have plenty of time back at the hotel room to work on it..... sooo.... by the end of the week maybe....

Honestly, I am..... I'd love to have this thing fully functional and ready to calculate enclosures of every shape & size, configuration and more.... I wish I had more time to dedicate to making it work for everyone for every situation... No one (to my knowledge) has tried to make a program that does all that this one is trying to do and my final goal is to have it do EVERYTHING.

Since we're getting a lot of posts away from the file links I'm going to post the links up again so that no one who's new to this has to go so far back to get to them to download.

Here's the link for the standard version:http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3mymgzmhkd/Box Calculator.xls

For those who hate working with uneven "thousandths" of inches, here's a link to the version with fractions. At this time Excel can only round to one fraction at a time so all numbers are in 16ths of an inch, this means that .5 (1/2) inch will look like 8/16. Anyways the link to that one is here:http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0odkgiimgo/Box Calculator - Fractions.xls

UPDATE....

The new sheet is coming along well, I've removed the "Golden Numbers" enclosures. Along with the rectangular style custom enclosures like before it has design parameters for WEDGE shaped enclosures as well with customizable angles for the front to match up to any angle you want such as the back of your back seat. I have even added a TUBE enclosure for the person who occasionally builds them, I did it cuz it was easy to add and would make that particular calculation much faster. Right now I'm also adding a sheet with a box size calculator for those who have the BASIC theile/small parameters and are looking for a volume suggestion. Another addition is buttons at the top to make changing from the calculator's to the cut sheets a simple click and finally a HELP sheet at the end to hopefully answer some FAQ's when using the sheet. That's about it, lots of changes, some tighter calculations, and I'm trying to add more of the more common designs. If anyone has ANY suggestions for things they'd like to see in the program PLEASE let me know, it's impossible to build something to suit the majority needs if I don't know what the needs are.

Just an update and bumping the thread...... The new sheet is coming along OK.... Still working out bugs on the cut sheets for the wedge shaped boxes.... don't worry I'm on it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.