It's time for war.

Grinder1989
5,000+ posts

Sundown Audio Dealer
Akron, OH
I'm sure all of you have that one friend who is completely oblivious to car audio and has it set in his mind that JL (or whatever other company) makes the baddest subs on the planet. Well I have quite a few of those friends and frankly, I'm sick of it. I may not be the most experienced car audio person, but I know better. So, I'm going to use my Jeep as a way to prove my point.

So heres the planned equipment.

My 15" Nightshade Proto in my 3 cube at 30hz box.

Sundown 3000D or PowerBass x3000D. More than likely I'll choose the Sundown but I'd rather not beat on it.

Eclipse 8051 CD player

I'm going to be running a run of KNU 0 gauge.

My overall goal is to get as loud as possible without dumping tons of cash in my Jeep. First two things that come to mind are alternator and battery. Snoopdan has been kind enough to send me his build but in this case it doesn't really help me. So I'm trying to figure out what I need to do electrically so I don't toast my amp while proving my point. Anything you guys could give me some information on would be greatly appreciated.

I love it when I told someone I was running AudioQue and they were like "Audiowha?"

And then I turned it on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I did the same thing with my ID subs in 2000.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The look of amazement...."dayuuuum.... they not Fosgate"?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

So I'm trying to figure out what I need to do electrically so I don't toast my amp while proving my point. Anything you guys could give me some information on would be greatly appreciated.
Big three in 0awg, then i would recommend two pretty big batteries(batcap 2000's or hc2400 or etc...). Then depending on voltage drop you may still need an alt.

I have some 2/0 awg if you want to use it for your big 3, pm me for price.

O and for my single 12 on 1800watts im doing 3 runs of 2/0awg. So maybe 2 runs or so at least. Never hurts(well, except the bank)

My internet is being goofy so I can't do much but refresh this page. You can PM me a price on the 2/0 SPL, I'll look into it. As far as batteries, those are way out of budget as of right now. If I could buy them, I'd have 3 in my car haha. I might start off with one run of 0 gauge and watch the voltage. I know I should run two though. I need an alt for sure. Anyone know the stock alt amperage?

3cubes does seem on the small side, but I'm not famaliar with the Nightshades. I'd do some research before building the enclosure. My HDC's did not like 3cubes each...

I'm sure all of you have that one friend who is completely oblivious to car audio and has it set in his mind that JL (or whatever other company) makes the baddest subs on the planet. Well I have quite a few of those friends and frankly, I'm sick of it. I may not be the most experienced car audio person, but I know better. So, I'm going to use my Jeep as a way to prove my point.
So heres the planned equipment.

My 15" Nightshade Proto in my 3 cube at 30hz box.

Sundown 3000D or PowerBass x3000D. More than likely I'll choose the Sundown but I'd rather not beat on it.

Eclipse 8051 CD player

I'm going to be running a run of KNU 0 gauge.

My overall goal is to get as loud as possible without dumping tons of cash in my Jeep. First two things that come to mind are alternator and battery. Snoopdan has been kind enough to send me his build but in this case it doesn't really help me. So I'm trying to figure out what I need to do electrically so I don't toast my amp while proving my point. Anything you guys could give me some information on would be greatly appreciated.
Take some advice from an old goofy bastard that has been there and tried that...build your system to make YOU happy rather than keeping up or passing the kool kiddies....

Good for you OP! I have managed to show a few friends of mine the Digital Designs light and they couldn't have been happier!

Another friend was going to go all JL Audio in his 350 Z until he talked to me. I just don't know if he decided on getting the IDMAX 10 or the Fi Q 10, but he is going with some Alpine SPX Pros over the JL comps that the local shops were trying to push hard! He decided against a ported dd 10" sub because, get this, it is too much bass for him, lol!

This is not to show that I have nicer equipment or that I'm so worried about what other people think (I really don't care what they think) It's just the same old story I hear all the time that bugs me. I had someone over the other night that actually said after they had saw my one proto sitting in my room go "a w7 would be way louder." I guess my goal is to show that people are mis informed. It will also help me advertise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.