JL C5 vs Diamond D662S vs Rainbow kicks vs ID CSX62

Slow Ride
10+ year member

OK since nobody has responded to my other threads I'll ask fewer questions.

I finally got to listen to some JL C5 6.5's They sounded pretty nice. I have not gotten to listen to any other speakers in this price range. I might be able to in about 2 weeks if I get free time when I visit Madison to listen to the Image Dynamics, Diamonds, and Rainbows.

What are everyones opinions?

Link to other thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447234

To each his own, everyone's taste is different so it's hard to say...I had the JL C5's both the 650 & 650x and if I had to do it again some Rainbow's sound good to me.

the id csx62v2 sound good. do you plan on amplyfiing them?
I'll be using older Studio Series Memphis 2 x 50 on the front and a 1 x 250 into a pair of Memphis Power Reference 10's.

I guess I can add the Pioneer Premier PRS in too.

Pioneer TS-C720PRS $269.99

*Diamond D662S $199.99

*Image Dynamics CSX62 $359.99 - 2 ohm = 75W per channel

JL C5650 $319.99

*JL C5650X $299.99

Rainbow CMX265 $359.99

*Rainbow SL265 $189.99

*denotes coax - otherwise I gotta cut up my door panels

I'm not sure which HU I'm going with yet. Eclipse, Pioneer, JVC, or Kenwood

you'll get more power using the cxs62. and the speakers in that system are very effcient. also keep in mind with those you could go seperate later on if you decide too.
yes that is true. I have a set of CSX52's but they did not get it done in the midbass department when mounted in the kick panels of the old '94 BMW 3 series I had them in. Are the 6.5" that much better? My dealer dropped them. I won't get a chance to listen to them for about 2 weeks when I get down to Madison.

i never got a chance to hear the old cxs sets. how did he have the mids mounted in the kicks? did he vent it into the carpet or was the kick just a sealed one? i've found most ppl that vent the kicks into the carpet or skeleton of the car get a better midbass response then just a sealed up kick panel.

I had it sealed with a load of dynamat behind it and a little polyfill too. I still have the CXS52's just don't want to deal with the lack of midbass. Thought about adding an 8 in the door and the 5.25's in the kicks, but then I have to buy another amp etc... Trying to keep it somewhat simple. It's going to take me a month of Sundays to figure out what HU and comps I want.

if i could suggest instead of sealing up the kick open up to the area right behind the speaker area into the kick panel area itself if possible find out if there is a hollow spot or a crumple area behind the metal in that area. that would give you a way better midbass respose as usually the id speakers like that like an "open area" like a door for good response. i think sealing off the kick itself limitied ur speaker.

Out of those choices i would go with the ID's, i think they will have the best sound. The ID's also come in 2 ohm comps that will be beneficial to you since your amp puts out limited wattage at 4 ohms.

I've just installed ID XS tweeters and must say they're very efficient without the harshness. It took quite a bit of tuning but I am very pleased. As for Rainbows in general, midbass won't be a problem, very natural sounding but I must add that at times I think it's sometimes just a tad too laid back. As for JL's I'm not impressed by any means. Nothing really stood out for me as I listened to my neighbors JL components (3 way).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.