jl zr or focal k2?

does anybody own either? will there be a sound difference over the type r with the pdx amp. i also have alpine701 processor?

Give them both a listen, it's the only way to know. For the Focal set, are you talking about the KR set or the KRX2 set? They are totally different, so it makes a difference.

I've owned the JL audio ZR components, and they were very good, but I now run a Focal KRX3 set and it's worlds apart. It uses the same tweeter as the KRX2 set - the TN53K. It's just a totally different league of speakers, you really can't compare the JL tweeter to the TN53K. Really though, the most important thing is how you install and tune the speakers. A $500 speaker that's properly set up will outperform a $1000 speaker that isn't set up right.

By the way, either set will be a *HUGE* step up from the type R components. Both sets will get louder AND play much cleaner as well.

they both sound nice. I've heard the two side-by-side. they sound different - only you can decide what you like best. find a shop and audition them. the German Maestro also sound good next to the ZR's.

as mentioned, installation is more important than the selection of one vs. the other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.