jlw3v3 enclosure

splisgood
10+ year member

virginia
I purchased 2 12 inch JLw3v3-2 ohm from a buddy of mine, and one of the voice coils melted. I was just wondering...of the top of you heads, what set of two 12s could I put in the same "JL spec ported box" that hits harder? Ive been thinking about two orions, but I really want two kicker cvrs. The specs on the box, plus air space= what brand/model? I wasnt a fan of JL. A hifonics brutus is what im using. Thanks guys.

Its a factory jl box at 2.35 with plastic baffle covers. [O [][] O] wow, that looks cool! Haha. That little macro actually describes it perfect. JLaudio.com says its 2.35. My amp ishifonics 1200d brutus.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Sorry, at 30hz

The hifonics amp is on order, and I have a crappy sony xplod amp. It says 800w, or 400wX2@4ohms, or 200x2@8 ohms . I doubt id get half that, with sony ******* so much. I do know, if the brutus doesn't get here soon, im going to be tempted to use the xplod amp in the meanwhile. So I guess what Im really asking, is what pair of twelves will be louder (spl wise, not volume) than the jls with either 200x1@4 or the hifonics amp. (Sorry, I dont have the levels of the hifonics amp on hand, and im too lazy to google, but im guessing it's 1200x1@4, 600x2@4, etc. Add the factors, with the 2.35 ported/slotted box I have.

Sony does what it says it does and that amp probably does 1200 at 1 ohm prob 800 ish 2 John and 600 ish 4 ohms.

And cvrs sent terrible but I'd probably go with something else...price range?

Ok. My price range is 125-150 a sub. That being said, ill explain my problem a little more in detail.

The amp is crap. Its a sony xplod 800w. I looked it up. Its 12 years old, and is rated as follows.

400x1@2

200x2@4

Its class d, but has 4 speaker connectors. I guess its automatically split for ease? Dunno. I had it "bridged" (im not stupid, I know technically you cant bridge a 1 channel amp, but if it has 4 outputs, its kinda like bridging).

The subs were 12JLw3v3 2 ohm svc. The amp wasnt 1 ohm stable, so I ran them in series until I had the money for the brutus. For some reason, they bottom out and distortnow. I only had the amp 3/4ths of the way up, so with what Ive said, I blew a frigging JL with less than 100 watts?

Sony XM-D400P5 Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

400x1@2

200x2@4

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.