John's build for (2) 18" SSA new line subs, line not available yet!

Did the subs not fit horizontally width wise?
Great craftsmanship as always.

nG
The battery on the side isn't limiting the width, it's the distance between the fender wells that is only 37.5"

The Blazer has 37.5" for width and the outer dimensions of a 18" Fi BTL is 18.65" so 18.65"x2=37.3" which gives you just barely enough room to mount them so they load equally into the port.

I was barely able to fit (2) 18's horizontally when I built my 37.5" wide box shown below. The thing about my box that I didn't like was that it was tuned way to low. But I fixed that by cutting off the rear top corner matching it to the same angle of my rear window which not only allows me to push the box all the way back and let me use the rear seats, but also raised the tuning from about 28hz to about 35hz...

You guys can swing by and try the subs out in this box if you want, the bracing is all upgraded and is resined inside I have no use for it anymore. I could probably drop it off to you since I have access to a pickup truck...

finishedboxkb1.jpg

Here is what I was talking about when I said I took the top corner off, it's now 13.5 cuft @ 35hz...

modifiedboxvu8.jpg

You should stop by sometime any lol. Thanks for the offer, i'm sure he'll take you up on it, never hurts to have spare boxes for the truck. Give me a ring sometime.

id defenitly take it off ur hands, be awesome to have 2 boxes. but main thing is we need the subs to come in. i have a pick up truck also so either way we can pick it up. be sweet to have a wall. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif might ahve to pick up this weekend

Cool man for sure, I'll hit you guys up this weekend or whenever the subs get in and call me up.

Also John, they are in the process of totaling out my ride.... I get another chance to head over there to get some stuff out of my car, but I'm not sure when. We should head up together and do a quick switcharoo on the 260amp irragi alternator in there Also swap out your tailights, headlights and clear corners for mine. Then take off the custom grill, etc. I'd rather hook you up cheap then go through the hassle of selling everything on ebay.

You can throw a couple bills at me or something to hook me up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm sure that your box will get hella loud. I've been watching some vids of people using that same design with 18's and it looks loud!

Cool man for sure, I'll hit you guys up this weekend or whenever the subs get in and call me up.
Also John, they are in the process of totaling out my ride.... I get another chance to head over there to get some stuff out of my car, but I'm not sure when. We should head up together and do a quick switcharoo on the 260amp irragi alternator in there Also swap out your tailights, headlights and clear corners for mine. Then take off the custom grill, etc. I'd rather hook you up cheap then go through the hassle of selling everything on ebay.

You can throw a couple bills at me or something to hook me up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm sure that your box will get hella loud. I've been watching some vids of people using that same design with 18's and it looks loud!
alright give me or mark a call some time this weekend. i would def give u money or something for yea for everything. be awesome and less of a hassle with everything else. all that stuff would be awesome. and i would totally pay u for it. im looking to update my truck and so on.

if u got my number still hit me up if not ill pm u my number and we can that. ill take some stuff off ur hands and give u cash or w/e.

got working on the front platform to level the box off along with the amp rack. The 4 channel will be mounted under the box becuase it is god ugly. Moving on the the pics. Oh ya, my new puppie is also pictured in the box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Sharpea mix of some sort.

amp%20rack%20008.JPG

amp%20rack%20009.JPG

amp%20rack%20010.JPG

amp%20rack%20011.JPG

amp%20rack%20012.JPG

amp%20rack%20013.JPG

amp%20rack%20014.JPG

amp%20rack%20015.JPG

i todl you on aim i was doing that SSA design on my box......no biggie i'll scrap it and rebuild
I didn't get the idea from you Raymond, I've been doing that since the '90s. No reason to scrap yours, more logos out there the better. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

she's been great the few days we've had her. Only chewed a hole in the floor moldings so far trying to get out of her "fenced in" area in the kitchen at night lol

Can't wait to hear this box finally!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.