Just an average build on a super small budget.

Burton6431
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright this is an average build for my tow vehicle, like the title said its average, nothin special and nothin crazy lol but if your lookin for a decent DD here it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The Car a 2001 KIA Sportage 2 door rag top with a stick an 4x4.

Supplies:

Headunit- POS Insignia got it super cheap new so who cares

Knukonceptz Kolossus Flex 4 guage Kit

12" Merlon subwoofer says 800rms 2,000 peak (lol well see)

TM Rush Bass Monitor (aka my uber tite bass tube)

THE AMPLIFIER- before you guys flame the sh*t out of me let me just say yes i know its at a 99.9% **** rate but hey someones gota do it right? YES! THE SOUNDSTORM EVOLUTION 5000D MONOBLOCK I know what your thinking and heck ima give it a try plus ima do a review and find someone local to bench it so we can put that company to rest ok?

SO here we go i will commence the pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

First the Knu wires and install

SportageInstall01.jpg

SportageInstall02.jpg

My impression of these wires is dang there nice as hell id compare them to any of the best kicker hyperflex an RF's their equal if not better and for the price they kill both of 'em

compared to my old set up:

SportageInstall04.jpg

Individually:

Power- crazy tiny prob like 12 guage if that!!!

SportageInstall05.jpg

Ground- the biggest wire in the whole set hahah

SportageInstall09.jpg

RCAs- have remote wire in them the old ones are a no name set of crap, the other are RF's with remote wire in them, honestly i couldnt tell a bit of difference between the RF's and no names.

SportageInstall13.jpg

On to the power wire install/ im running a 120a fuse, my old RF fuse was 75a

SportageInstall06.jpg

SportageInstall07.jpg

The Ground

SportageInstall08.jpg

SportageInstall10.jpg

RCAs

SportageInstall12.jpg

Running them to the headunit and soldering the remote wire in

SportageInstall11.jpg

SportageInstall03.jpg

The pile of sh*t

SportageInstall15.jpg

All pretty again

SportageInstall14.jpg

The rear with Pics of the sub and bass tube in

SportageInstall16.jpg

SportageInstall17.jpg

Alright well thats what i have so far, the amp should be here on wednesday so well see how that goes ;D so let me know what you think and how well of a job i did on the review, also any questions especially about the products i used just get at me ill tell all, Thanks!

CameraZOOM-20100613145507.jpg

Thats the finished product but im probably gona move to a 15 soon. It sounds great actually it packs alot of bass for one 12 and everyone ive showed it too are surprised all that noise comes from just that.

Shelbrain Re: Just an average build on a super small budget.

What do you tow with your Kia?
My bad i didnt mean actually for towing but to be towed behind an RV, although i do use it for my jet skis.

Heres a video, my doors open and i know its not the best song lol, also wired to 4 ohms with volume set to 30, can go up to 47 but everything stays smooth around 30 no cuting or distortion on either doors or sub.

Ok so i have an update for all you guys, i know probably no one reads this build since i dont have 18's and 10kw... but oh well. Im movin on to something bigger im putting the seats down lol, ya i mean business. ok so ive been running one 12 at 4 ohms so i know if i go bigger ima have to do electrical so im gona start off with a second battery (big 3 soon, hopefully) the battery is a Duralast Gold same specs as an Optima Red Top i believe. My next upgrade is the subs, im going from one 12 to two 15s there the same brand as my amp so dont hate. There supposed to be 900rms and 1800 max EACH so hopefully if i can keep enough power to my amp ill be in the ball park. BTW my amps gone for about a week so idk what this setup sounds like but im hoping for the best, also box is ported and 5 cubes one sub reads 2.2 ohms and when wired together they read 1.3, used knukoncepts 12 guage speaker wire.

CameraZOOM-20100629195724.jpg

CameraZOOM-20100629195327.jpg

"honestly" all that is gone now besides the wires, amp was decent for the money, the 12 was impressive and i was dissapointed with the 15's, its hard getting a soft top loud to begin with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.