kenwood is better then pioneer

Pro_built7
10+ year member

i was wondering, what do you think? I have the kdc-mp435U in mind b/c of all its features and direct in front usb port. but is there a comparably priced ( 125$) pioneer out there? whats better all around pioneer or kenwood, im torn between the 2. ?? Thanks guys.

Pioneers are just funky and clunky to navigate.
Turborusty
i have to disagree, pioneers are easy to use and give great bang for the buck .even the cheaper models

have lots of use full features.recently i installed a small system in my sentra spec v

for under $100 i picked up a new pioneer 390mp sounds great has all the use full features you want .the only sticking point is the usb pioneer doesn't add that till you get closer to $200 unless you can find one used like the Pioneer DEH-P6900UB. so if usb is a must have thats worth considering. other than that i would just find stores that have them on display and play with them and then decide either way you will be fine.

ya i've always used kenwoods b/c they are pretty easy to function and have alot of features, But i've heard that pioneer gives better sound quality, do you guys think that is true?

(also) I was wondering whats the best pre out voltage to make my subs better. the one im looking at has 3 @ 2.5 volts?

I was in love with Clarions until i got my Premier 690UB. Clarion makes a model with front USB. You can get one of those from ebay for under 150. Pioneer HU's are 22 watt RMS, i'm not sure what the Kenwood is. Both are great brands, but My advice is to try them both before you decide. Go to CC or BB and get the Pioneer 6900 and try it out. then get the top of the line kenwood and keep the one you like.

ya im going to go to abc warehouse and best buy, to check them out,

hey guys, could you explain to me exatly what different pre-out voltage does?

like I've seen 3 preouts @2.5v and 3 @ 4 volts, but what exactly does that change and is one better than the other ?

Higher voltage will give you more headroom and thus flexibility matching a deck to any amps you might choose. There is also a common thinking that the higher voltages will give you better sound, though this is again more due to maximizing the voltage gain that an amp can utilize to reach it's full output potential.

Higher voltage will give you more headroom and thus flexibility matching a deck to any amps you might choose. There is also a common thinking that the higher voltages will give you better sound, though this is again more due to maximizing the voltage gain that an amp can utilize to reach it's full output potential.[/quote
So really pre out voltage doesn't change your sound quality at all it jsut allows you to set your gain better?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.