kicker CVR in 1.5 cubes at 32hz?

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
buildin a box for a single cab F-150.. a 12" kicker CVR will be the homeowner with a 600 watt RMS wife pushing it around. i know kicker likes a little bit of a bigger box for this sub but do you guys think itd be okay? hes got it in a crappy little ebay sealed truck box at the moment so i figure anythings better than that.

ive got my 10" cvx in 1.25 per sub...kicker recommendes a MINIMUM of 1.5cu for the 10" ported however...so i really doubt it will perform too well in that small of a box

box.png

this looks to be the best option.. ill just have to see if there is enough space. the sub would be facing the passenger seat. the port will be shooting into the center console.. im wondering if this is even the best option

I would send the port to the passenger or driver side not to the center console, i think that would have the most output....

May not be true though

32hz is too low IMO. I had 4 12 Cvr's in about 9 cubes tuned to about 35-36hz. Kickers will play low tuned higher because they have a low Fs. I hit 148.3 on termlab in the kick with about 1700 watts and that was a daily box that wasn't designed to meter well. I've never heard small ported boxes sound good and loud or the minimum ported recommended. Try it and see how you like it. The 600 watts is too much power for one so watch the gain.

yeah gain is no problemo.. i might be stuck with these box specs afterall because the truck cant handle more box.. what if i designed it to be a sub forward/side firing port kinda deal.. i see other trucks doing that. heres the design i came up with..

box2.png

the sub would be mounted on that back face.. port facing the middle of the truck and against the back wall. ehh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.