. : Kicker CXA 1800.1 Powering 3 Solo12L7?! : .

R3ZN8T3D

CarAudio.com Newbie
WPB, Fl
I recently purchased a Kicker CXA1800.1 (3600 Peak/1800 RMS) and I was wondering if it would power 3 Solobaric L7’s rated @ 750RMS each?!

Maybe even possibly 4?

I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t blow the speakers right? More concern of roasting the amp I would imagine?!

The speakers are DVC 2 ohms

Long story short... I originally purchased 2 12’s and blew one. I am getting the same subs/enclosure and (until I get the blown speaker replaced) though that I would run 3 of them...

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated and if needed I will try to post more specs/info!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The CXA is stable down to 2 ohms. Two dual 2s would be ideal. For three you would have to wire to 3 ohms and would be really under powering them.

4 of them would have to be ran at 4 ohms and under powering them even more.

Stick with two or find another amp.

How much room you allowing for them? They will be underpowered regardless.

The CXA is stable down to 2 ohms. Two dual 2s would be ideal. For three you would have to wire to 3 ohms and would be really under powering them.

4 of them would have to be ran at 4 ohms and under powering them even more.

Stick with two or find another amp.

I will have 2 of these...

Attached is an image of 1 of the enclosures in my Kia Optima 2012.

I haven’t worked out how I would have them in there. My idea was to NOT spend anymore $, at least not immediately. So, I was wondering if I put 2 of these perpendicular to the back seat and facing outward would I have a “better” sound/hit with 4 underpowered as opposed to 2 fully powered?!

I haven’t taken the time yet to even see what the best arrangement would be with the 2 enclosures

Thanks for your replies!

Attachments

• 44C37901-EBAE-4108-9E3A-5EF092423D42.jpeg
    44C37901-EBAE-4108-9E3A-5EF092423D42.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I will have 2 of these...

Attached is an image of 1 of the enclosures in my Kia Optima 2012.

I haven’t worked out how I would have them in there. My idea was to NOT spend anymore $, at least not immediately. So, I was wondering if I put 2 of these perpendicular to the back seat and facing outward would I have a “better” sound/hit with 4 underpowered as opposed to 2 fully powered?!

I haven’t taken the time yet to even see what the best arrangement would be with the 2 enclosures

Thanks for your replies!
How many cu ft interior size is that enclosure ?

Once you factor box rise you likely won’t be overpowering two. A small amount of headroom would be good. Why on earth would you consider 4 underpowered subs and that massive amount of space for that enclosure(s)

Once you factor box rise you likely won’t be overpowering two. A small amount of headroom would be good. Why on earth would you consider 4 underpowered subs and that massive amount of space for that enclosure(s)

The original system was just the single enclosure... However, I blew the one speaker and was able to get a replacement unit AND keep the old/damaged unit.

That is the only reason I was considering it!

Thanks for all the feedback btw 👌✅

The original system was just the single enclosure... However, I blew the one speaker and was able to get a replacement unit AND keep the old/damaged unit.

That is the only reason I was considering it!

Thanks for all the feedback btw 👌✅

Stick with two and make sure your gain is set right. Sell the extra stuff and upgrade your electrical (big three) if you haven't already.

Stick with two and make sure your gain is set right. Sell the extra stuff and upgrade your electrical (big three) if you haven't already.

Thanks for your reply!

*Quick Note *

I accidentally pulled the 3.5 from the remote I had and the one speaker currently hooked up started hitting like 5x harder?!

Even when I plugged the remote back in (still works) set all the way up it doesn’t hit as hard as without the remote connected.

Starting to think the guys who hooked up my system really may not have hooked everything up properly...

I made another thread prior to this one asking about installation suggestions.

Not to get too off topic but I can link to that or provide more info if anyone decides they may have some feedback for me.

MODS lmk if I need to edit these posts...

Thanks again to everyone!

Thanks for your reply!

*Quick Note *

I accidentally pulled the 3.5 from the remote I had and the one speaker currently hooked up started hitting like 5x harder?!

Even when I plugged the remote back in (still works) set all the way up it doesn’t hit as hard as without the remote connected.

Starting to think the guys who hooked up my system really may not have hooked everything up properly...

I made another thread prior to this one asking about installation suggestions.

Not to get too off topic but I can link to that or provide more info if anyone decides they may have some feedback for me.

MODS lmk if I need to edit these posts...

Thanks again to everyone!

@Jeffdachef should be able to answer your wiring question.

Are you saying you pulled the remote wire from the AMP? and it still works without the remote plugged into the amp?

Well, actually I’m referring to the end where the knob is...

The “cable” used is dual male 3.5mm

One end plugs into the amp, and the other into the back of the knob housing.

Should be the same outcome correct?

I apologize if I am wrong.

Thank you all again for speedy responses!

You could just eliminate the bass knob altogether in my opinion. There might be different opinions on that, but I have never used a bass knob in any of my systems. They seem to make the sound dirty to me. If you have enough power, and your gains are set correctly, you should get nice clean bass without it.

You could just eliminate the bass knob altogether in my opinion. There might be different opinions on that, but I have never used a bass knob in any of my systems. They seem to make the sound dirty to me. If you have enough power, and your gains are set correctly, you should get nice clean bass without it.

Well, my ideology behind it was because I am using factory HU w/ LC2i Hi/Lo Converter...

If I’m being completely honest I didn’t do TOO much research other than maybe trying to match ohms/rms before kinda making an impulse buy.

Ultimately, this is part of me trying to sort out exactly what I need to do to try and fine-tune this thing with whatever hardware I currently have.

Some more info

Kia Optima 2012 Infinty sound system (w/o Navi)

It has an 8” sub in the rear deck of the cabin and it looks like they tethered off that I to the LC2 and so on.

I thought that they were/should tethered off the factory amp FRONT L/R signals to the LC2. Which I remember reading on a forum, possibly this one?!

The factory amp is located in the trunk right side.

I mean ultimately I really didn’t want to try and tear down the car and install the 0gauge or any of that so I pretty much just paid them to get me power and I would tune it all up myself. Well, I didn’t really have that opportunity (wasn’t an immediate priority I’ll say) and I blew the sub 2 days later.

I think I covered all the specs of the system, car etc in the above posts.

I know this thread isn’t staying STRICTLY on topic so if I am breaking the rules or anything MODS/ADMINS please let me know!

Again, I appreciate everyone’s feedback with all of this. Truly, I do!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.