kicker kx 2500 1ohm?

2Dcore
10+ year member

F*It
PA.
They say the old kickers like mine are 1ohm stable, the guy i bought these 2 off of said he ran them at 1ohm, i got a sub i put it at 1 and before you even get it working it clips off. why the heck would it do that unless it's not stable at 1. i have good electrical. It's a 15" dc lvl4 w/ lvl 5 soft parts. box is way to small could that have anything to do with it? thanks for any answers.

I had one recently that ran @1ohm great. It was circa2005 and a fresh refurb from kicker, dunno if it was modded during refurb but it played fine for me on sub par electrical. Mostly it was hit or miss as to any one of the kx2500s actually playin daily @1. Ive seen several that would and several that wouldnt. Anytime u consider one of these for running @1 its best to test and be sure before the purchase.

*Technically these were only 2ohm stable.

I had one recently that ran @1ohm great. It was circa2005 and a fresh refurb from kicker, dunno if it was modded during refurb but it played fine for me on sub par electrical. Mostly it was hit or miss as to any one of the kx2500s actually playin daily @1. Ive seen several that would and several that wouldnt. Anytime u consider one of these for running @1 its best to test and be sure before the purchase.
the thing that gets me is the guy that i got it from ran it on 1ohm. I have two so i'll try the other one to see if it's just the amp. thanks for your response.

Just got rid of my zx2500. Ran 1.4 nominal just fine but 1 would make it go into protect at medium volume. I loved the power but couldn't stand being limited to which Subs I can use. I'll never buy an amp only rated for 2 ohms again. I did a lot of reading and most were saying it would be fine at 1, but unless you get to do some real testing you wont knlw for sure.

Ur a Lucky man to have 2 of those things. Monster power even @2ohms.
I got the one and loved it, than a year later the other came up for sale so i jumped on it. but i still don't have subs to run on them yet.

Just got rid of my zx2500. Ran 1.4 nominal just fine but 1 would make it go into protect at medium volume. I loved the power but couldn't stand being limited to which Subs I can use. I'll never buy an amp only rated for 2 ohms again. I did a lot of reading and most were saying it would be fine at 1, but unless you get to do some real testing you wont knlw for sure.
that what this was doing, soon as it hit med volume it clipped off. so my guess is they are not stable at 1ohm

Are you wired to 1ohm or .8ohm depending on box rise it might not run 1ohm. The one I sold lowlacs ran 1ohm fine
It's a d2 sub i believe the coils read 1.9 each i'm going to double check because the guy i got it off of said that's what the read. i can't remember when the sub was mine before like 1.5 years ago when i got it and sold it to my friend before i even got to use it. but maybe your right it could be lower than 1.

I had a kx1200.1 that was 05-06ish somewhere around there. It ran at 1ohm fine. Fan didn't even work and never protected or got more than just warm to the touch.

I haven't messed with kicker stuff in a few years, but I thought kx 1 ohm stable and the zx was 2ohm stable. A few buddies of mine have had some kx's probably 05-06ish to and I seem to remember them both running there's 1 ohm.

I had a kx1200.1 that was 05-06ish somewhere around there. It ran at 1ohm fine. Fan didn't even work and never protected or got more than just warm to the touch.
I haven't messed with kicker stuff in a few years, but I thought kx 1 ohm stable and the zx was 2ohm stable. A few buddies of mine have had some kx's probably 05-06ish to and I seem to remember them both running there's 1 ohm.
Ur right the smaller kx series(400,600,1200.1) where 1ohm amps but the 2500.1 was rated 2ohm stable from kicker but as stated earlier some of the 2500s would run @1 and some would not. I have a buddy locally runnin 2 of the 2500s @1 on 4 skar zvx 15s daily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.