Kicker l7 Power handling

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flipper245

Senior VIP Member
Just wondering if 3k or more can be run to a pair of 15” kicker l7’s. Buyer of my amp has dual 4 ohm and my amp is rated 2400 at 2 ohm. Supposed to do over 3k at one but has no rating for one ohm. It’s an old Orion xtr2400pro. Buyer seems unexperienced so I told him everything he needs to do with his electrical and stuff. Just hoping for some input from someone who has experience with these subs.

Just wondering if 3k or more can be run to a pair of 15” kicker l7’s. Buyer of my amp has dual 4 ohm and my amp is rated 2400 at 2 ohm. Supposed to do over 3k at one but has no rating for one ohm. It’s an old Orion xtr2400pro. Buyer seems unexperienced so I told him everything he needs to do with his electrical and stuff. Just hoping for some input from someone who has experience with these subs.
just set gain properly yeah.. use a volt meter to check how many volts amp makes with a 50hz tone.. so example if u want 2000 rms @ 1 ohm find sq root of 2000 =44.7v turn gain til that shows on meter.. here's video

Should be fine. Set gain accordingly/properly with HU. If the subs start to get stinky/cone warm, then turn the gain down a wee bit less. Might be an indication of a beginning of overpowering them.

If you need a box found this one that should do pretty good for those kickers

287g22v.jpg

Sorry bro I had to lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.