Kicker Truck - check this out!

View attachment 26533009

View attachment 26533010

Apparently you just can't be pleased... (and enjoy watching for 'Kicker' threads just to complain)

Some nice craftsmanship in there and quite a bit of equipment for what it is.

This was a 'show' vehicle... not built for SPL..

And it DOES get down (those are 6 15" CVX's in there)... also has some external equipment mounted under the chassis.

yes, i get that its a show vehicle, but its also a demo vehicle, or thats what something like that should be, make it look nice, but instead of the 6 cvx's which are just round l7s, why not run solo x 18's and actually move some air, all of the pretty can still go into it and it can still be a show vehicle, but it could actually make for some good demos, not something that is ok at best. i will say the truck looks ok and i can respect the work that has went into it, but its just not impressive.

btw n8, what happened to you in the other thread, did i turn up the heat to high?

Last edited by a moderator:
The vehicle is a product showcase for some of Kicker's 2012 lineup (not built by Kicker, but by a 3rd party).

The soloX is going on 8 years old (or 5 if you want to count the revised cone).

It travels around to various Kicker dealers for showing off their new gear.

The CVX's are much more economical (vs. soloX's) - in terms of cost, power consumption (not to mention the infrastructure required to supply juice for a big build)

and airspace requirements.

It's pretty mean standing beside it with the doors opened up, and sounds good doing it.

yes, i get that its a show vehicle, but its also a demo vehicle, or thats what something like that should be, make it look nice, but instead of the 6 cvx's which are just square l7s, why not run solo x 18's and actually move some air, all of the pretty can still go into it and it can still be a show vehicle, but it could actually make for some good demos, not something that is ok at best. i will say the truck looks ok and i can respect the work that has went into it, but its just not impressive.
btw n8, what happened to you in the other thread, did i turn up the heat to high?
Fosgates the same way they all seem to use mid-level equipment in there show pieces? I never understood why they wouldn't use there best equipment either.

n8, i get why it was built. and yes the power for the x's can be rough to deal with, but there is no way those 6 cvx's will stand up to the demo machines that are out there, including the little scion xb running aorund here with 6 15's in it that does low 160's,

and im glad im not the only one goingdef...

no i was speaking of the one that was built by 2 guys in columbus, and is running 6 fully loaded btl's on 6 saz 3500's, and didnt have corporate money backing them, its a demo machine that gets tossed on the meter now and then for giggles, because he knows it does perform well,

and the reason vehicles like that dont get metered is the simple fact that compared to demo vehicles they are quiet.

Sounds cool...

Neither of the previously discussed vehicles here have any corporate money backing them either though - if that's a big sticking point for you.

To each their own I guess... but not everything is a SPL contest - which you still don't seem to acknowledge.

no i was speaking of the one that was built by 2 guys in columbus, and is running 6 fully loaded btl's on 6 saz 3500's, and didnt have corporate money backing them, its a demo machine that gets tossed on the meter now and then for giggles, because he knows it does perform well,
and the reason vehicles like that dont get metered is the simple fact that compared to demo vehicles they are quiet.

I've seen this truck before. I think it's a shop down here's... maybe not but the inside is BEAUTIFUL.. Some SERIOUS craftsmanship everything is suede, trimmed, and tight.

Sounds cool...Neither of the previously discussed vehicles here have any corporate money backing them either though - if that's a big sticking point for you.

To each their own I guess... but not everything is a SPL contest - which you still don't seem to acknowledge.
not the company money isnt a big deal, and i know everything isnt an spl contest, thats now what im talking about at this point, the simple fact is they could have made them look just as good as they do, but with better equipment and make them actually worth being a show piece when they can do some real demos, and in all honesty it does take a lot to impress me, im just accustomed to sitting in vehicles that will do 160+ on music and will do it nice and low. not just be so-so loud from a pretty truck.

but i do know why its done that way, because they can get away with it since the masses of people "into" car audio are unaware of what loud really is and can get drawn in by the flash of things like the above.

but personally if someone isnt paying me or footing some of the bill im not going to be running all their stuff and plastering their name all over my ride, but maybe thats just me.

Reason they use mid level gar.....is because that is what 90% of the people checking out the demo vehicle will buy. They won't buy the top of the line, or the bottom. So they get to hear what they are going to buy. It is great marketing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LuckyatVMI

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
LuckyatVMI
Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date