kicker vs alpine?

rluna5688
10+ year member

im trying to decide between an alpine 1000 watt mono amp and kicker 1000 watt mono amp. alpine mrp1000 is rated at 1000x1 at 2 ohms and 600x1 at 4 ohms. kicker is 1000x1 at 2ohms and 500x1 at 4 ohms. they will be powering 2 15" kicker cvrs. which one would deliver cleaner and louder bass?

Kicker will put out slightly more power. Alpine rates their amps pretty much spot on, usually 50-100w under at the most, so basically inaudible. Either one you pick, you wont be able to hear the difference between 1000w to 1200w. Kicker might be 1-ohm stable as well, depending on the model, but the Alpine definitely isn't.

Kicker will put out slightly more power. Alpine rates their amps pretty much spot on, usually 50-100w under at the most, so basically inaudible. Either one you pick, you wont be able to hear the difference between 1000w to 1200w. Kicker might be 1-ohm stable as well, depending on the model, but the Alpine definitely isn't.
the kicker wont be if the power rating is 1000 at 2 ohm.

anyway the alpine is better. but it really does not matter between those.

Alpine will be better. Resistance doesn't stay at 2 ohms all the times and since alpine looks like it'll do more power at higher ohms, well that might be the best choice.

alpine if you want a tab cleaner signal and limited space

kicker if you want just a tab bit more power and have more room

both good amps though

mb quart and audiopipe? i never hear about them winning in car audio competitions. kicker dominates in those. i believe kicker and alpine are in the top 5 in car audio.

mb quart and audiopipe? i never hear about them winning in car audio competitions. kicker dominates in those. i believe kicker and alpine are in the top 5 in car audio.

I used to be exactly like you. Don't go off brand. You end up paying just to have a kicker logo on your amp. The Audiopipe 1500 will do rated for 160 bucks. Ask the people on the forums.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.