Knukonceptz Karma SS speaker wire is the WORST. Don't use it.

ngsm13
5,000+ posts

BSEE
Cincinnati, OH
NEVER, and I repeat NEVAR use this stuff. I've been installing for over a half dozen years, and never met any speaker wire that is more frustrating to work with.

http://knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Karma%20SS%20Speaker%20Kable

All of knu's other products are stellar, but this twisted cable is just a PITA to work with. Trying to access each strand individually, quickly, is next to impossible. Using a pair of dikes or a razor blade and you can harm the individual casing on each strand... possibly leading to a short.

Just thought I'd share my experience with others, and save people the headache of using this stuff. If someone comes to me with this for an install, I won't use it.

kthnxbi.

nG

Coaxial cable strippers, the kind CATV/satellite guys use, help out a ton. Adjust the blade depth so it doesn't nick the individual strands, twirl it around a couple times, done.

Also strips 4/8awg very quickly...

I've had to be extra careful with that stuff as to not strip the individual casings as well, next time I won't use twisted. I've had even more trouble with their karma rca's. They pulled out the ground shields on my 100.2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

:crying:I just bought a bunch of that stuff from knu:crying:
I always gotta do things the hard way:(
oo man and i gotta help lol jk

I never have like that kind of wire, wire is wire period, until you techflex it and make it look all pretty that is

I've had to be extra careful with that stuff as to not strip the individual casings as well, next time I won't use twisted. I've had even more trouble with their karma rca's. They pulled out the ground shields on my 100.2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif
Their Karma RCA cables can lick my ball sack. I had one end fall off from gravity! It was was hanging while I was holding the other tip and then it just broke off. The heat shrink tubing wasn't even touching the insulation on the cable so the solder joints were the only thing holding the head on. The weak ass joint snapped. I replaced the cables with some Stinger Helix (cheaper than the Karma) and the quality is MUCH better on them. I also had a noticeable amount of reduced noise from switching to them. I'll never buy anything from Knu again as I have yet to get anything from them that impressed me.

oo man and i gotta help lol jk
I never have like that kind of wire, wire is wire period, until you techflex it and make it look all pretty that is
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif We can try to stick to the existing runs as much as possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Unless it's total crap:crap:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.