Lights dimming

motox_727
10+ year member

Omaha, NE
Well i have a chevy s10 ext and im not really sure how many volts the alt is but I am having a lot of trouble with my lights dimming. My amp is a Kicker ZX1000.1. We have a 12v battery up front and a second battery in the back.. My buddy has told me about 15v batteries, would this stop the problem? when I am driving I dont have any problems but once i stop at a red light with the heater on it will sometimes kill the motor and it dims the lights really bad.. My dad keeps getting pissed off because he already has over 1500 in my system and we keep running into more problems, any ideas?

nah the alt used to whine but doesnt anymore.. now once i turn up the subs to a certain volume, the amp turns off them on, not getting enough juice or is my speaker wire not heavy enough? because my dad said either of those could be factors

so 4 gauge to the amp? and how big for speaker wire?

also after I do the "big 3" will that totally resolve my problem or should i still get another battery and a capacitor? Sometimes it ***** so much power the amp just shuts off (-.-)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.