'Lil help 2-10's in an 01 Celica

Participant count
  • Participant list

tgclark84
10+ year member

I have never really messed around with any type r's before but I'm doing a system in my sisters 01' celica for christmas using 2 type r 10's. Can any one give me some suggestions on box size and tuning?

Also any suggestions on sub/port placement in a 01' celica . I thought subs/port back or bubs up/port back but to which side should subs and port be located or put the port between the subs. Any thought appreciated.

I have built a few boxes for celicas. Not seen them on to many meters as most did not care. The all up seemed to be a more clean sounding(all though subs had a lot to do with that). Subs up and port to the side sounded loud to the ear(again never metered). I did all back, and sounded like every other hatchback out there with subs/port back lol.

Its a hatch, if the box is built right and power is decent it will sound good.

general plan for hatches is to run subs up or back and port back, but im assuming that this isnt going to be for competition by any means and is geared more for sound quality. if you really want to make them clean you could always run the subs sealed, you wont get the output as with a ported box but they will sound a lot cleaner.

if your want to go sealed put them in a 1-1.5 cube box

if going ported go with 1.2-2.6 after displacement tuned to 30-32 and that should give you a nice smooth response curve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.