little fvckers

which 8's killed your 15? serious question, as i am doing an 8 build.
i dont remmebr what brand but it wasnt a dd, it was a cutom built 8. he had it in a mini cooper. it sounded good and loud, i was like dam . he didint want to bass race me tho. he figured id win but beat me by .3 dbz

i think they're questioning whether you've even heard 8's, other than a bazooka bass tube.
DD1508's got downright loud, but were on about 600w each tuned to 38 and they kinda sounded like poo

Soundsplinter rli8's on about 400 each got loud and sounded **** good doing it.

Re8's are fun if you run alot of them

8's are fun

DD1508's got downright loud, but were on about 600w each tuned to 38 and they kinda sounded like poo
Soundsplinter rli8's on about 400 each got loud and sounded **** good doing it.

Re8's are fun if you run alot of them

8's are fun
i looked at all of those. i'll give them a second look though. i was seriously eyeing the dayton ref 8's. 4 of those. i have 1400 rms @ 4 ohms to work with right now. the plan is to build a false floor with the enclosure downfired in my extended cab. i need to do either 8's or shallow 12's to feasably create a low enough false floor to make it usable.

i looked at all of those. i'll give them a second look though. i was seriously eyeing the dayton ref 8's. 4 of those. i have 1400 rms @ 4 ohms to work with right now. the plan is to build a false floor with the enclosure downfired in my extended cab. i need to do either 8's or shallow 12's to feasably create a low enough false floor to make it usable.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-456

Those ones? Looks like those could be fun

i think the guy who beat me was using either SI cause he was good friends with doeg stockon(si rep) or was using a brand called ultra but the woofer was unbadges. all he told me was the motor was huge and it was custom built he was using about 1000 rms.

I agree. Check my ava //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
ahh. you've done exactly what i'm doing. maybe with different subs, but you know first hand. you have them all in 1 chamber? because of the way my build is, my box needs to withstand some weight. i'm thinking a dual chamber to solidify it a little.

those dayton 8's are probably gonna be rediculous. My buddy cnote had 2 10's in .65 cube sealed boxes behind each seat on a pg 1400w amp and it was LOUD.
i like the straight forward, no bull sh!t look of their subs. they look solid and i would bet they put more money into how they sound more than how they look. by coincidence, they look like sex.

ahh. you've done exactly what i'm doing. maybe with different subs, but you know first hand. you have them all in 1 chamber? because of the way my build is, my box needs to withstand some weight. i'm thinking a dual chamber to solidify it a little.
yeah man, one chamber. It sounds good and gets decently loud. I'm guesssing LOW 140's at peak.

yeah man, one chamber. It sounds good and gets decently loud. I'm guesssing LOW 140's at peak.
looks good. i don't need high spl, but i would like to be loud enough for some bass races. when i'm done testing with the cerwin vega's, i'll probably build a bookshelf system with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.