LOC help

Peggle

Hello all,

Sorry about being nooby (as this is my first system) but I'm in a bit of a spot... I have a strick budget so I can't get a new head unit because I own a mustang with a shaker 500 system and the wiring harness is over $100! This leaves me with my stock radio. I want to add 2 12" kickers to my car and I plan on using a mono block amp. I did a little research and I found that I need something called a Line Output Converter so I can hook up the rcas from my amp to my stock radio unit. I came here to ask a simple question... Would a LOC be easy to install to my shaker system without a vast knowledge of electrical engineering, and if it would be easy, how would I do it? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I've been researching for weeks now

check out pac lc-2. all you have to do is get behind the stock radio and tap L+R signal off the deck and it gives you rca outputs. this loc gives you a level control at the same time.

Try this LOC This is the link to the line out converter i just installed on my Ford fusion. it is a good price and free shipping if you order 5 dollars more of something.

As far as where to hook it into your car... Some say before the factory amp some say after... I put mine after but that is due to the amp also controlling the subs when you get a call on the sync system and many variables. i would buy a few scotch loc connectors (the blue size ones) and the line out converter will come with instructions. hook it up to the wires going to the sub and try it that way before you run wires all over your car. you will also have to supply power and ground to your LOC so mounting(i used zipties) it close to the factory and tapping the power from there would be safe.

Factory "amps" generally dont push a lot of power usually less than an aftermarket headunit so like i said make it easy on yourself and attach it inbetween your factory sub and your amp.

Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks for the replies everyone

^ what he said, and also budget for subs and amp?
as for your question, I'd have to say it all depends on my setup. I have a $500 budget for EVERYTHING, subs, amp, wiring kit, and a new head unit (if needed) I would LOVE to get some rockford fosgate P3 12s but it all depends on if i can figure out how to wire the LOC to my head unit

check out pac lc-2. all you have to do is get behind the stock radio and tap L+R signal off the deck and it gives you rca outputs. this loc gives you a level control at the same time.

Hi, thanks so much for the help, i just had a few nooby questions about your response //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

This PAC lc-2 seems to be just a remote, all the LOC's ive looked at had a few wires and some rca inputs which i would assume is where you would hook up the amp. Ive never come across this type of LOC so i have no clue what to do with it. When you say tap into the L+R signal on the deck, do you mean take the 6 wires that come off the lc-2 and tap them into the wires that come off the stock 6x9's that are on my deck already?

Im really sorry for being so stupid with this, but i just keep getting so many different tips on what to do. Some say i have to tap into the factory amp that powers the door subs in order to wire my amp but thats some crazy stuff that i dont want to mess with.... :stuck:

Hi, thanks so much for the help, i just had a few nooby questions about your response //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gifThis PAC lc-2 seems to be just a remote, all the LOC's ive looked at had a few wires and some rca inputs which i would assume is where you would hook up the amp. Ive never come across this type of LOC so i have no clue what to do with it. When you say tap into the L+R signal on the deck, do you mean take the 6 wires that come off the lc-2 and tap them into the wires that come off the stock 6x9's that are on my deck already?

Im really sorry for being so stupid with this, but i just keep getting so many different tips on what to do. Some say i have to tap into the factory amp that powers the door subs in order to wire my amp but thats some crazy stuff that i dont want to mess with.... :stuck:
they recommend that one because it has a remote out to turn on your after market amp/s, as far as more wires on this one it has 4 rca outs... just means you need signal from 4 speakers, all your outs on your factory amp should add up to 4 speakers, total of 8 wires, its not too hard, just google for the wire configuration for the shaker system and tap into just 2 channels, unless you want to run a 4 channel amp you need all 4, but since you just want subs tap into the rear speakers and get the power and ground and your good to go,

DB Link HLC5R Hi Low Converter w Adjustable Output Level Control Gold Plated | eBay

^^this one has for inputs of 2 speaker signals and 2 outs, but if you want to run a amp you need a remote wire like i said a little while ago, this one is the same as the pac but is just for 2 channels

they recommend that one because it has a remote out to turn on your after market amp/s, as far as more wires on this one it has 4 rca outs... just means you need signal from 4 speakers, all your outs on your factory amp should add up to 4 speakers, total of 8 wires, its not too hard, just google for the wire configuration for the shaker system and tap into just 2 channels, unless you want to run a 4 channel amp you need all 4, but since you just want subs tap into the rear speakers and get the power and ground and your good to go,DB Link HLC5R Hi Low Converter w Adjustable Output Level Control Gold Plated | eBay

^^this one has for inputs of 2 speaker signals and 2 outs, but if you want to run a amp you need a remote wire like i said a little while ago, this one is the same as the pac but is just for 2 channels

ok so what youre saying is, use this and tap into the speaker wires at the head unit itself... here is the picture for the wiring config

5312917012_86bc52888a_b.jpg

on this pic, which wires would i have to tap into with the db link?

on the red wire, #1 , on the black wire #2 , the grey and green wires are right and left, not sure which one is which, but on the set of green, the solid green to #9 and striped green to #2 2, the grey set the solid grey to #1 0 and striped to #2 3, then your blue one goes to your amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

on the red wire, #1 , on the black wire #2 , the grey and green wires are right and left, not sure which one is which, but on the set of green, the solid green to #9 and striped green to #2 2, the grey set the solid grey to #1 0 and striped to #2 3, then your blue one goes to your amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ok so lemme get this straight before i go off and buy all my stuff...

the red wire on the db link taps into the #1 wire on the j3 plug...

the black wire on the db link taps into the #2 wire on the j3 plug...

the grey and green wires are for the left and right

the solid green on the db link taps into the #9 wire on the j3 plug???

the striped green on the db link taps into the #2 2 wire on the j1 plug

the solid grey wire on the db link taps into the #1 0 wire on the j1 plug???

the the striped grey wire on the db link taps into the #2 3 wire on the j1 plug

then the blue wire is the remote wire im assuming????

can you confirm and correct this please and could u address the unsure connections?

im so sorry if im aggravating you im just a mega noob obviously and i really dont want to have to come back later and get all frustrated...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

ok so lemme get this straight before i go off and buy all my stuff...the red wire on the db link taps into the #1 wire on the j3 plug...

the black wire on the db link taps into the #2 wire on the j3 plug...

the grey and green wires are for the left and right

the striped green on the db link taps into the #2 2 wire on the j1 plug

the the striped grey wire on the db link taps into the #2 3 wire on the j1 plug

can you confirm and correct this please and could u address the unsure connections?

im so sorry if im aggravating you im just a mega noob obviously and i really dont want to have to come back later and get all frustrated...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif
the connections im unsure about is the green and grey, each set is for one speaker, do it how i said, yes it might be that you tap into them in reverse, simply meaning that your balance controls will be reversed in the rear, this is not a problem... do it how i said its right, it is safe man, dont over think this too much, do it how i said and you will be just fine

ok so lemme get this straight before i go off and buy all my stuff...The red wire on the db link taps into the #1 wire on the j3 plug...

The black wire on the db link taps into the #2 wire on the j3 plug...

The grey and green wires are for the left and right

The striped green on the db link taps into the #2 2 wire on the j1 plug

The the striped grey wire on the db link taps into the #2 3 wire on the j1 plug

Can you confirm and correct this please and could u address the unsure connections?

Im so sorry if im aggravating you im just a mega noob obviously and i really dont want to have to come back later and get all frustrated...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif
no no no, all in the j1 plug

Hahaha that's weird I typed them normal also, I wonder why they did that, I understand what ur saying just take the spaces...

So all the taps u mentioned go into the j1 plug correct?

And that blue wire... What connection does it go to on the amp?

Hahaha that's weird I typed them normal also, I wonder why they did that, I understand what ur saying just take the spaces... So all the taps u mentioned go into the j1 plug correct?

And that blue wire... What connection does it go to on the amp?
the connection is usually by the power and ground inputs on the amp, its a smaller terminal in the amp, its says "rem +" or just "rem"

and yes everything you need to tap into is the j1 plug

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.