Looking for some help designing a system around two older amps.

Participant count
  • Participant list

nastety92

Good afternoon all,

I just recently picked up at 1967 GMC Suburban. This is going to be a project that I plan on working on for at least the next few years if not more. Right now I'm putting together parts to put in a 5.3L GM motor from a 04 Suburban.

Anyway, I'm looking for help trying to put together an audio system around a few components that I have left over from a few previous builds that I had done a number of years ago now.

I have two Alpine MRD-F752's, one is brand new in the box and the other was used in my old 92 Blazer. I'd like to keep these amps and then purchase, subs, front speakers and a head unit that will all work with the amps. I also have a set of older BA 6.5" separates that I plan on using for rear fill.

First, thing first, I'm working on a strict budget here. I won't be able to go with high end components, so the cheaper the better really. I will be doing all of the work myself with the help of a few friends.

I'm looking for three way components for the front stage. I'm only going to run the two 6.5" BA separates in the rear for just a little rear fill but most of the music will be coming from the front. I use to have a BA pro 6"-4"-1" tweeter separates, I would like something else newer that is similar to this setup.

For a headunit, I would like to stay with something simple that will play CD's and can hook up to my Iphone. Ideally I would like for the whole head unit to stay hidden. Or I could use a unit that goes in the stock location without cutting the dash. This truck has an older style AM radio with the two knobs on it now.

For Subs, I'm kind of up in the air here. I have PLENTY of room in this vehicle. I would like to run two or four subs, either 10" or 12" each. Here are the specs for the two amps that I currently have.

5 Channel class T Amplifier

RMS power Channels 1-4 at 12V, 20Hz ∼ 20kHz:

4 x 75W @ 4 ohms (0.08% THD)

4 x 100W @ 2 ohms (0.3% THD)

2 x 200W @ 4 ohms bridge (0.3% THD)

RMS power Channel 5 at 12V, 20Hz ∼ 20kHz:

1 x 250W @ 4 ohms (12V - 0.3% THD)

Freq. Response: 20Hz ∼ 20kHz (+0,-1dB)

S/N Ratio: 100dBA (at rated power)

Fuse: 80A

Dimensions: 17.9" x 10.2" x 2.4" (46cm x 26cm x 6cm)

Weight: 18.5 lb. (8.4 kg.)

So, what would you suggest for subs, front stage and a head unit?

Thanks for the help,

Nick

Should I be asking a different questions here? Or has no one ever used these amps before? Just trying to put together a fairly cheap system with the equipment that I currently own.

Or if you think I should sell these amps and start over please let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.