Low power seperates options

Participant count
  • Participant list

gijoe
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey everyone, I've been away from the forum for a couple of months but I'm back now and I'm looking for suggestions.

I have a Denon 4-channel that I am using to power some entry level Bostons off of my 880. The amp is rated at 50x4 at 4ohms. I want to upgrade my front stage a bit and I want some speakers that will sound better than what I have now and do it on the power that I currently have.

One thing that I want is a tweet that will play somewhat low. I really want to be able to raise my soundstage a bit. There is a member selling some Image dynamics mids for 90 bucks that I have been considering for a while. I am looking for a good combination that will sound nice off of 50x4, clarity is much more important that volume. I'll set a base budget of 200 bucks and we can go from there. Please give me some suggestions for a good combo that isn't a complete pain to tune.

Thanks!

at only 50 x 4, i would look into something other than the ID mids, and check out the forums over at diymobile.com and you will find more than enough high eff yet high fidelity likings for your needs.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. So you think the ID's need too much power to sound good? I'll check out the other site, I just figured that there have to be plenty of people on this site running an active system that could give me some input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.