Mag 15, Lounder than XXX15?

honestly to me
i had 2 12 mt's on one orion 2500d @.5 and it wasn't louder thant 1 mt 12 @ .5
If you don't have the proper room for 2 drivers, sometimes it makes more sense to just upgrade to a better single driver if you want more output. But you will get a slight increase when having 2 subs over 1 if you install them correctly.

i went from a 12" xxx to a 15" mag, which is still being shipped, im hoping its at least a good bit louder than my 12" xxx....
I just wrote to him about you:D

Told him you were upgrading. When that mag comes in let us know what you think of it compared to the old XXX:yumyum:

Sounds great.

I had a guy listen to mine last week who owned a mk2 brahma. And he ended up buying one off me 1 minute after listening to mine:D

And the brahma he had was in a big ported box, with 1200rms going to it, and my mags just had 450 each, in 1 cubic foot sealed enclosure.

So I know some people like them a lot more than the mk2 brahmas.

Lets put it this way, I will give you a GOOD idea in a few weeks.

Not the comparison you where looking for, but close. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lets put it this way, I will give you a GOOD idea in a few weeks. 

Not the comparison you where looking for, but close. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You will have to let me know what you think about it. You should really enjoy it.

truthfully you should search, many threads comparing the 2. But anyways, i have a 15 mag and my friend has a 15 xxx, my mag sounds better and gets louder to the ear, never had either set up metered.I have a crossfire vr1000d on my mag and my friend has a phoenix gold tantrum 1200.1 on his xxx.mag is in a 3.7@27 hz box and the xxx is in a 3.9cf not sure of tuning.mag ftw

truthfully you should search, many threads comparing the 2. But anyways, i have a 15 mag and my friend has a 15 xxx, my mag sounds better and gets louder to the ear, never had either set up metered.I have a crossfire vr1000d on my mag and my friend has a phoenix gold tantrum 1200.1 on his xxx.mag is in a 3.7@27 hz box and the xxx is in a 3.9cf not sure of tuning.mag ftw
The two are fairly equal in terms of SPL and price, but I've heard the Mag does better in the SQ department. Don't quote me on that because I've never heard the Mag.

And the brahma he had was in a big ported box, with 1200rms going to it, and my mags just had 450 each, in 1 cubic foot sealed enclosure.
The Mag gets my vote if they can get going in 1 CuFt Sealed rather than 4 CuFt Ported...

Hey man you are local to me, dont you have a 12" XXX? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

XXX needs at least 2000 to see it's potential

XXX needs at least 2000 to see it's potential
uh no, seen 1500 to XXX and them sound just fine

As for the Originalposter if you want better get a 15" MX better SQ then the XXX and louder. Price is a bit high but worth it imo.

The two are fairly equal in terms of SPL and price, but I've heard the Mag does better in the SQ department. Don't quote me on that because I've never heard the Mag. Brahma's do fine in small sealed enclosures as well

The Mag gets my vote if they can get going in 1 CuFt Sealed rather than 4 CuFt Ported...
Brahmas do fine in small sealed enclosures too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

digital mint

10+ year member
Open up
digital mint
Vancouver BC, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date